Moulting

neal

hi all hope yourselves and feathered friends are ok, just a quick question, when parrots start moulting is it normal for them to loose a lot of small feathers all at the same time, only ask as dylan seems to be loosing what we consider to be quite a few and it seems all of a sudden

thanks both thought it might be but the wife asked me to check just to put her mind at rest

Hi neal. How many of us panic at the sight of all those feathers? It makes me wonder how a bird can have so many :)

Ma moaris have started moulting small downie feathers every where , how long does the moult last
Sorry to hijack your question, but my aurora (CAG) seems to constantly produce white Downey tiny feathers. He's just under 6 months old. Normal?

When I had Jasper he was always dropping white downy feathers. I did ask on here and was told it was quite normal.

Well it all seams normal with each question.  Harry it wold be nice to see a close photo of yours just so I can confirm as Kaks mainly females tend to loss more at times of breeding and may need a little calcium in their water

Dave has been moulting for ages now, he dropped all of his tail feathers and has now bent two of them so needs to start again :laugh:

As a young bird he was always dropping the little white fluffy ones... not so much now, but he will be three this year.

Lisa x

Back
Top Bottom