1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Michael Reynolds
Last Activity:
Apr 29, 2017 at 2:29 PM

Michael Reynolds

I would say give her two weeks and then see how pinky starts to react let her settle and you will find they will become friends Mar 18, 2017

Michael Reynolds was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Apr 29, 2017 at 2:29 PM
    1. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      She is interacting a little with our male IRN just want to get things right from the beginning if we can thank u so much
    2. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      I know it may not help but bcus our male won't go in the cage there is food out on the top and I guess as she isn't going hungry she has no incentive to go back to her cage? Don't know huge about her history other than was kept on own in a spare room due to other owner having cats and prefers men to women. Much appreciated Jeanette
    3. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      any tips on how best to handle her n the situation to get her to go back into cage would be great she seems to have gone back wild which clearly she hasn't in just a few days.
    4. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      The last 2 nights have been a real struggle she won't go in cage or come to us and we have had to catch her both nights to get her back in cage. Now that she is in a suitable sized cage do u think we should leave her in there for a few days without coming out?
    5. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      Hi Michael, sorry I need your help so soon as you know we had Fiona a female IRN arrive last Thursday she lived in an exceptionally small cage and as a result has self mutilated by removing tail feathers. The first few days went really well she would allow my partner to stroke her and she went back into her new cage no probs at all.
    6. Michael Reynolds
      Michael Reynolds
      I would say give her two weeks and then see how pinky starts to react let her settle and you will find they will become friends
      1. Jeanette likes this.
    7. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      Hi Michael I hope u r well. Fiona has been with us 2 days now she is very fragile, ever so sweet our Amazon is a bit too boisterous around her and Pinky IRN not quite sure what to do. She has no rail feathers as her cage was too small xx
    8. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      Many thanks
    9. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      Thank you...I will give you a call when I finish work tomorrow if you are free it will be around 5pm?
      1. Michael Reynolds
        Michael Reynolds
        if I am not I will call you back as soon as I am
        Mar 2, 2017
    10. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      Hi Michael we live in Wolverhampton up in the West Midlands
      1. Michael Reynolds
        Michael Reynolds
        Hi I am in Kent Tel 07860 353539 not before 3:30pm please
        Mar 2, 2017
    11. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      We definitely have to do something as it is starting to upset Boo boo now and the screaming is exceptionally high pitched. We learnt after having them that they had come from a breeding aviary. Pinky seems desperate to come to us but doesn't have the confidence he isn't tame but will interact with us in his own way. Please help, regards Jeanette
    12. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      My partner is at home all the time so the birds are not alone, even if we sit constantly with Pinky he still screams. So we were wondering should we get him a mate another ringneck if so would male/female be better. Should we build an aviary and have Pinky in an aviary with some other ringnecks we really don't know what to do for the best as Pinky seems lonely and all we want is what is best for him.
    13. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      all was well. However reasons we are struggling to answer the past 4 months Pinky has become vocal beyond belief he is screaming for 4-6 hrs sometimes daily. He isn't caged all our birds have been free flighted from about 3 months since we had them. He is trying to interact with Boo boo but Boo boo isn't interested at all.
      1. Michael Reynolds
        Michael Reynolds
        Thank you for the information it will help what area do you live?
        Mar 2, 2017
    14. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      with other ringnecks in an indoor/outdoor aviary, 6 months down the line he is doing great. We saw a difference straight away with Pinky he started to eat, gain weight, play and vocalise he had been almost mute for the first 6 months being with us,
    15. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      Things were fine for the first 2 months then George went crazy he wouldn't let anyone by Boo Boo he was attacking Pinky, attacking Boo boo if we interacted with him and attacking us quite severely. We paid for some professional advice from a parrott psychologist but unfortunately George did not improve and for the other birds safety George got rehomed.
    16. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      We immediately took both of our birds to the vets to be told they had Psittacosis. Neither were tame so it meant having to catch both birds for 6 wks to administer the oral anti biotics. Both recovered or at least got the all clear after 2 rounds of treatment. Approx 5 months after treatment we had our yellow crowned amazon Boo Boo.
    17. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      Hi Michael...where to begin we have had Pinky for 18 months now we rescued him along with another Ringneck from a pet/garden store. We were told that both were approx 2.5yrs old however our Vet believes Pinky is more likely 4-5yrs of age. We didn't get off to the best starts within 10days we noticed that George didn't look well he was gasping for breath and his general demener told us he wasn't right.
    18. Jeanette
      Jeanette
      Hi Michael my name is Jeanette I am a new member on the site and still trying to work out how to upload a picture. I have 2 parrots a 3yr old male indian ringneck and a 1yr old yellow crowned amazon. I would love to get your advice when you have a minute regarding Pinky my ringneck. Many thanks in advance
      1. Michael Reynolds likes this.
      2. Michael Reynolds
        Michael Reynolds
        no problem I am always willing to help Jeanette
        Mar 1, 2017
      3. Jeanette
        Jeanette
        That's great Michael, I will send a message tomo on my lunch break as I will probably need a good hour to compile it!
        Mar 1, 2017
        Michael Reynolds likes this.
      4. Michael Reynolds
        Michael Reynolds
        that's fine I will answer it as soon as I can
        Mar 1, 2017
    19. Ruth McNeil
      Ruth McNeil
      Hi Michael thank you for your reply I am still trying to work out how to use forum
      Ruth
    20. Gail
      Gail
      Hi Michael, I've been advised by others to contact you regarding my 5 month old Ringneck. I have had him for 3 weeks now but don't seem to be getting anywhere with him. I sit by his cage when he is in it holding a grape and talking to him but as soon as I move he flaps about like mad as if he is reall scared. He comes out of his cage every day and has a fly around but won't come near me.  

Lots of people have told me that it takes time and patience but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

any advice would be really appreciated 
      1. Gail
        Gail
        Sorry I have had him for 2 weeks not 3
        Feb 8, 2016
      2. Michael Reynolds
        Michael Reynolds
        [I]Hello Gail it is still early days but yes I will help you but please just let him settle for another week and then I will guide you through getting closer to your bird and gaining his trust.  Can I ask what part of the country you live?[/I]
        Feb 8, 2016
      3. Gail
        Gail
        Hi, thanks for your reply and thanks for agreeing to help me with Ringo.  

I am from Coventry
        Feb 8, 2016