1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Julie
Last Activity:
Feb 8, 2017
Birthday:
August 8

Julie

The Mother Hobbit, Female, from Glasgow

Julie was last seen:
Feb 8, 2017
    1. PapaF
      PapaF
      Hi Julie

I was wondering if you still help out with parrot boarding?

Thanks

Manwella
    2. explorer50uk
      explorer50uk
      Hi Julie

Would it be possible for me to have a chat with you on the phone? There are a few questions I was hoping you might be able to answer for me.

Thanks

Helen
      1. Julie
        Julie
        Yes that's not a problem, my landline number is 01417704771 x
        Mar 13, 2016
      2. dianaT
        dianaT
        Helen, hope you got to talk to both Julie and Nigel.

Do let us know if you need more help or advice.

Diana
        Mar 14, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    3. explorer50uk
      explorer50uk
      [I]Hi Julie[/I]

[I]My name is Helen, I live in Edinburgh. I do hope you don,t mind me contacting you. I have had my CAG for around 15 years. He is very much a part of my life.. I have been on my own now for 2 years and am finding it increasingly difficult to cope with Jack. I still work a few days a week and he is left alone a lot of the time.  My friend would keep Jack for me if I had to go away but her husband is very ill in hospital and its not looking good for him. Obviously she can not have Jack for me now and maybe not any time in the future. I have been looking for someone to help me out with boarding or maybe fostering. I have not come up with anything at all. I am now trying to get my head around parting with Jack but it is so difficult to find the  loving knowledgable home he deserves. I dont want to sell him or advertise him. Just a lovely home would be good for him and me.  Would you know of anyone that has perhaps lost a bird or would you be interested in rehoming him? Its a very sad decision but I cannot think of any other way.   Jack is very vocal, he talk and whistles, imitates everything! he is a constant source of fun and I,m sure you will know that. He was hand reared and is very tame. He would take a wee while to get to know  a new person but I guess that would be the same with most birds. He is a funny wee thing, does not like any sudden movements and  is wary of new objects both in and out of his cage. He is used to dogs, never been out on his own with one but does not bother him. Would probably sort the dog out!  I would be very grateful for any help or information you might be able to give me.[/I]

[I]Best regards[/I]

[I]Helen[/I]

[I]. [/I]
      1. dianaT
        dianaT
        Hi Helen

I have sent you an email

Diana
        Mar 12, 2016
      2. Julie
        Julie
        Hi Helen I'm sorry to hear this, I could offer help in looking after your grey for holidays etcetera and Oarrot Trust Scotland could help in rehoming your bird too if needed but I know Nigel personally and I'm sure he would be able to offer a home too, Nigel is a wonderful man and be able to offer your beloved bird a great life, full of love, care and a correct diet. If things don't work out then please feel free to get in touch and I will help where I can. X 
        Mar 13, 2016
    4. Pamela C
      Pamela C
      Hi Julie

I noticed in your post you offer boarding I am looking for someone to look after my African Grey 'Cassie' but it's a bit short notice nothing set in stone yet but possibly next week mid week for around 1 week.

I am based in Wishaw.

Pamela 
      1. Julie
        Julie
        Usually I would say yes but I can't next week as I'm booked up, sorry x
        Oct 28, 2015
      2. Pamela C
        Pamela C
        No probs I got sorted so hard to find parrot sitters thanks 
        Nov 3, 2015
        1 person likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    August 8
    Hatchdate:
    07/07/09, 27/01/10, 06/06/06, 26/09/07, 22/12/03, 31/11/81, 31/10/85, 11/05/98, 19/04/12, 29/06/09
    Parrots Owned:
    Mr Frodo Baggins (CAG)
    Miss Rosie Cotton (CAG)
    Max Gamgee(CAG)
    Jazz Gamgee (CAG)
    Beebs Cotton (CAG)
    DewyTook (Umbrella Too)
    Miss Dylan Took (Umbrella Too)
    Kizzy Gamgee (Yellow Sided Green Cheeked Conure)
    Kandy Gamgee (Green Cheeked Conure)

Puffy Took Triton Too (RIP) 04/10/81 - 13/01/16
    Charlee Girl CAG (RIP) 15/06/04 - 19/02/16
    Bilbo Baggins CAG (RIP) 18/09/10 - 26/05/16
    I'm a complete loon when it comes to birds

View attachment 17822