I've Had An Awful Week :(

JessieRosie

So I've had a really terrible week. I broke up with my boyfriend and had to take myself and rosie back to my parents house. I then found out that a friend committed suicide and I have had to make an appointment to put my cat down.
To make matters worse, since coming back rosie has turned against me completely. There was no aggression at all whilst she was at the flat and now she is constantly attacking me. I just tried to get her out and she went berserk biting everything she could get her beak on. I'm finding it all really overwhelming and I this is just tipping me over :( what should I do? Just leave her to hang out with my parents who she is absolutely fine with? :(

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I am so sorry . I cannot say anything that will make sure a terrible time better,
what I will say is animals pick up on emotional turmoil and it freaks them, I would give her a little time and space and when you feel less distressed she will be more receptive.

I'm sorry your having such a bad time! :besos:
As suggested, she is probably picking up on your feelings, and it's scaring her, just give her time and space and I'm sure she will come around.

So sorry :besos::besos: you're having a really rough time. I agree with what others have said.... they do pick up when we get stressed and upset, and also change of location again maybe making feel a little insecure.
Give it time, try and read her body language go back to basics with calm chatter and use treat rewards for letting hands come close.
Big hugs xxx

I am so sorry that this has been such a bad time for you and I can understand just what you are going through. I will say your bird fills insecure or its coming up to the time in it life that a lot of birds go through when in mating mood. I will hope she will start to settle and just by sitting next to her talking and offer the occasional treat I hope you win her affections soon. do not think she hates you as she is just not settled her experience and the problems you has had that I am sure she has picked up on and even seen your reactions and herd anger. I know you are feeling so down as your life seems like its unfolding around you from what was happy days before but I can say with experience that the sooner you can live with what has happened and you can accept and find happiness with your self the sooner Rosie will learn to love you and trust you again. I think nearly all parrots suffer with anxiety and can find the changes difficult to adjust with, wishing you will find that soon your whole life will improve.

I'm sorry life has been hard for you recently, these things always seem to come all at once and knock us down. When our birds pick up on the feelings and also get aggressive it can be heartbreaking. Things will settle and as the others have said, if you can take a little time to sit quietly and calmly with her she'll soon come back around. It's a real cliche, but that phrase "this too will pass" is very true. Good luck hun x

I am so sorry to hear this, why is it bad things all happen at once I don't know. You will cope, you will get there. Rosie still loves you she just doesn't know what's happening and as has been said is picking up on your emotions. I will add it does sound like you have a perfect home for her with your parents should life take you in a different direction, that is very reassuring. xx

That is indeed a terrible week :( really sorry to hear your news Jessie :besos:
I too think your little one is picking up on your grief give it all time sweetie and things will alter x huge hugs to you

Hi JessieRose im so so sorry to read your sad news hunni , i have nothing to add on Rosie as all has been said just give her time she will settle down. All i can say we are all here for you to chat to my heart really goes out to you JessieRose ((( hugs )))

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom