Triffid Plant! Eeek Its An Alien!

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Yesterday I went to visit mum and had decided it was time to get rid of some of my houseplants some of which I have had over 20 years :scare:

But as they are all still great plants and throwing lots of flower I could just bin them so I asked if she wanted them or if any of her friends would like them... so all in the car and off to mum's!!!

Whilst there my step-dad said oh by the way the Banana Plant is in flower.... OOOOoooo I haven't seen one of those flower.....

Check this out!!

002_zps9b2a0ee0.jpg

And yes its huge...the flower is about as big as a dinner plate.... :shock:   not sure if the bananas will actually appear as don't know if the plant will require another one to cross pollenate or not or if indeed its even an edible one but what a stunner regardless  :thumbsup:

Lovely plant, so unusual.

I have seen  large banana plants outdoors down in the one of the vicarages gardens right by the water, not sure whether its ever fruited though.  Great to see though.

Stunning- isn't nature a marvellous thing.

My plant interest is orchids. I can't go to a garden centre without looking, and hinting to buy one.

I currently have 7 flowering on my living room window sill.

Some are in their 3rd and 4th flowering.

no idea Michael but as they don't have any birds its not an issue for them :dntknw:

Oooo orchids are parrot safe too :) errr however if eaten or severely pooped on do tend not to flower ever again :shock:

I did not know that- as it is Loki won't leave her cage/ or the sofa region so eating them isn't an issue. If she was to get brave and get about the living room then I'd move them.

I don't want my precious plants getting nibbled- even if they are parrot friendly. Lol

Back
Top Bottom