Little Update

Scarlett

I spoke with Mark today.

Harley is booked for the 28th. I have to say, mark was fantastic again, he knows Harley gets car sick, so we`ve booked a 10.30 appointment so it means leaving here at 8.30am so no breakfast, less throwing up, Mark has left the 10.30 block totally free for Harley so he goes straight in and is out and on the way home half an hour later :)

Should be home by 1ish so he can settle and then have some food.

Given that we want to keep visits as few as possible he`s going to repeat the bloods and x rays, scope into the air sacks and scrape so he can culture anything in there.

He`s only ever seen one aspergillosis case where the monochrome wasn`t high, so it`s almost certainetly not that.

He thinks it could be allergis airsacullitis, which usually doesn`t really get any better, but no worse either!

To be honest harley`s very well in himself, the wheezing is few and far between and never constant ie one breath wheezy the next 20 minutes okay!

So mark is being very thorough without taking daft risks.

He`s to stay on the antibiotics another week, really just because we have some left.

So i thought I would share the update, oh, and the hetrophyl (sp) side of the bloods was what was very high, but that could be anything, inflammation or anything, it doesn`t necessarily mean terribly serious, just that  his body is strongly fighting something!

Sounds like Mark is doing a grand job there Scarlett, you just have to get over the car sickness bless him :)

Thanks for update, i often wonder how Harley is getting on. On the whole it sounds quite good,and its great to hear Harley is well in himself :) fingers crossed the vet visits brings more good news :) just wonder what hes fighting? At least you know its nothing serious which is good :)

Yes I`m really pleased.

I know something`s not right with Harley, and Mark knows by the test results that I`m right, so he`s keen to help ensure it`s nothing too serious.

I`m hoping that by not feeding him he won`t be so car sick, and then will eat when I get him home!!

Mark sounds great , Harley will be in good hands :)

Lets hope the sickness is minimal x x

Its so good to have someone like mark and that the trust of your vet is so important he sounds very understanding and thing sound for the better for Harley. Thank you for the update

Sounds fairly positive Scarlett, hopefully Mark can get the the bottom of the high hetrophyl  :thumbsup:  

thanks scarlett, Harley is in very good hands with mark, he sounds a great vet   :thumbsup:

you could try Harley with some ginger tea if he'll drink a little the morning of the trip   :)

That's good that Mark is being so thorough :)

Out of interest, do you normally feed Harley before getting anaethetic? My vet tells me not to and we always get an 8am appointment for that reason.

Hope the not eating helps him with the car sickness anyway :)

Gnerally I do feed him yes, but not for about an hour before we leave and then it`s a 2 hour trip, so for 3 hours before he gets nothing.

It will be easier not feeding him though and then he`ll most likely make the motions but not bring anything up, that`s what he does on the journey home usually.

I prefer a morning appointment, rather than sitting around worrying and waiting to leave!

Back
Top Bottom