Lighting

looks a bit "bodge job" to me .... not too secure and wires / parts quite easily accessible to being chewed?

They are certainetly not a make or design I`ve ever come across and assume that price doesn`t include the bulbs?

I`d be very suspicious.

Not one I've seen before either and I've had my share of lamps lol, pity you don't live close to me, you could of bought one of mine, don't need so many now they are in the Hobbit room lol

Julie

According to the add the bulbs are included Scarlett :shock:

I tend to think you get what you pay for and wouldn't trust them..

probly wont get one just thought i'd ask, we are off to midland parrot in the week to see what they have and get a few other bits as they are fairly close

Yeah, if they could give a manufactures name for the bulb and a bit more info then at least we could investigate further, their description just goes on and on without making a lot of sense, and them pics :shock: (as Liz said I think)

if that's the bulb you get then it is wrong. it looks like an ordinary energy bulb (one of the new types) to me,not right for the birds :nono:

the lamp itself would be ok if you could tack the cable to a wall say, to keep it out of a beakers way. you just need one of the right bulbs :thumbsup:

You are right Jules, never noticed but yeah it is an energy saving bulb!! no wonder its cheap I have a cupboard full of freebies :biggrin:

so do i bob,i dont particularly like them but if they a bit of electric :biggrin:

i only noticed as a friend of mine has these new types in her flat!

Just placed an order with scarletts for a light stand starter kit :thumbsup: took me ages to get round to it better late than never lol hope it is tall enough? dome top cage with play top :wink:

Nice one, sure it's tall enough, they are adjustable, getting one for Ruby soon, she'll probably be terrified of it though :shock:

Got the light today thanks Scarlett! :thumbsup: :biggrin: kya is scared of it at thsi time though lol so it is sitting to one side of the front of her cage so she can see it and get used to it. I think it might be there for sometime :scare: , The cage is taller than the light so i might post a picture with the light on over the cage as ask if you think it is close enough and in the correct place? :thumbsup:

I have mine on a small table beside Thabo's cage it's not a problem as the table is against a wall :thumbsup:

Or you can point the light in through the side.

I put it near the cage while Harley and Lucas were out of the room so that when they came back it was already there. They were fine then :)

I thought the light was meant to shine down on them to avoid too much direct shine in the eyes??

Not sure why I think that though!

Kipp had a wee fight with the lamp on top of Flint's cage this morning. He had been watching me adjust it into place then flew up and had a go at it :laugh:

Both are still a little usure of it when I move it but they'll get used to it!

Back
Top Bottom