Trick Training Ideas

xX_Haider_Xx

Hey Everyone, hope you're all well :)

I really want to teach Rio to do some more tricks. He currently knows how to wave on command, turn around and fetch (still rough on the edges but getting there). I've tried looking for some Youtube vids on different tricks I can teach him, because training is the time where we bond mostly.

Any ideas/suggestions on different tricks and how to teach them to him would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

You could try getting small balls, put them on a table and roll them to him & see if he will knock them back to you, turn it into a game, that would be a start. But he's got to want to do it.

Maybe other members have some better ideas. :thumbsup:

You could try getting small balls, put them on a table and roll them to him & see if he will knock them back to you, turn it into a game, that would be a start. But he's got to want to do it.

Maybe other members have some better ideas. :thumbsup:

I will try that, thanks :D

Some of my Senegals will do that. And Squeaky Moustached Parakeet will pick up empty  kitchen roll cardboard (cut in half) and charge across the table with it, throw it on the floor then look at it waiting for me to pick it up so we do it all over again.  Its only little things but they enjoy it and its a good start.

aside from target training I don't do any trick training with mine so wont be much help, there are all sorts you can teach though, you can get basket ball hoops for them and teach them to put the ball through the hoop, you can get rings and teach them to put the right coloured hoops on the right pegs, you can teach them to go down slides, play dead, have you seen the video of Kili the Senegal doing loads of tricks? you might find that inspiring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unO5whIUF-M

What about recall training? Start at step up distance and get further and further away? And get him to go back to the perch by doing the same in reverse? I say "perch" to rosie and she'll fly back there. :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Some of my Senegals will do that. And Squeaky Moustached Parakeet will pick up empty  kitchen roll cardboard (cut in half) and charge across the table with it, throw it on the floor then look at it waiting for me to pick it up so we do it all over again.  Its only little things but they enjoy it and its a good start.
Rosie does this too :) it's that look, "come on then?!!?"

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom