Nebuliser?

CaptainHowdy

I am looking to buy a Nebuliser for my guys but honestly I'm so confused by them all.

Which ones do you on here have?

And where would I get the saline solution from to dilute the F10SC into?

I don't have one but a few people do on here, Scarlett uses hers, Rhonda too has one so they may help you

mine is a proper medical one i got from a friend - he got a new one from doc

i use 1ml f10sc to 250ml water

Also would bringing him into the bathroom and filling it with steam help in the short term till I can get a nebuliser?

I cant understand the differance apart from leaving a residew on the heater as saline is made from captured heated water (Steam) I believe

Saline is sterilised salt water the amount of salt for birds using a nebuliser is normaly 0.9% ,The 2 i have used are Aqupharm 1 and Vetivex 1.From the avirian vet they charged me £21 plus £11 post Total rip off,It was £7 for the dog and it was the same thing and size 1 litre. Saline is a pom drug so you normally need a prescrition my local chemist would not sell it in litres to me. my nebuliser is an Inspiration Elite for humans which also came from the vet they charged me £120 a quick look on the net when i got home can get it for £60 another rip off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you are correct untill you add salt  this is what I cannot understand for I cannot see how salt will help I hope that someone can explaine the benafits I now use a little aloa with the water as the medical benifits against fungi and know properties that ease irritations and aids in feather pluckers and also disinfects at the same time would have been better and of course is not harmful to the bids. I dont have a nebuliser and I use a face steamer instead set under the cage at a safe level.

Thankyou Michael  Yes ripoff i have now moved to another vet. Hear is a quick google.

The salt in saline solution discourages bacterial growth while rinsing away contaminants. Because the salt composition is similar to that of the body, it causes less tissue damage than you would get from pure water.

Technically, a saline solution results whenever you mix any salt with water. However, the easiest saline solution consists of sodium chloride (table salt) in water. For some purposes, it's fine to use freshly mixed solution. In other cases, you'll want to sterilize the solution. Keep the purpose in mind when you mix the solution. If, for example, you are simply rinsing your mouth with saline solution as a dental rinse, you can mix any amount of table salt with warm water and call it good. If, however, you are cleaning a wound or want to use the saline solution for your eyes, it's important to use pure ingredients and maintain sterile conditions.

thank you very much for the information Its so good that you have the knowledge and explained the benafits so is this why for birds it has to be 0.9$ as that would be the nearest to the saly of the skin of the bird

Hopefully it's the same one. I have ordered it should be here by 1 tomorrow.

My vet says 1ml of F10SC to 250ml of saline, so if I don't have saline do I use boiled water? How does this all work? You can tell I've never used one before.

I`m not sure about the saline but what we do it...get a little tupperware pot. Pour 250ml of water (cooled from the kettle) into it, syringe 1ml of F10 into it.

Then put around 4 syringes full of that into the nebulising chamber pot, that should last you around 20-30 minutes of nebulising, then you can fill it up again for the next go.

If you fill the chamber too much it bubbles and doesn`t 'shoot' the steam up high and fast enough.

I hope this helps a bit.

I`m not sure about the saline but what we do it...get a little tupperware pot. Pour 250ml of water (cooled from the kettle) into it, syringe 1ml of F10 into it.

Then put around 4 syringes full of that into the nebulising chamber pot, that should last you around 20-30 minutes of nebulising, then you can fill it up again for the next go.

If you fill the chamber too much it bubbles and doesn`t 'shoot' the steam up high and fast enough.

I hope this helps a bit.
Thanks that make sense!

I too have considered nebulising but as none of mine need it it wouldn't be often needed

Back
Top Bottom