Hello

Oh I did know you were in Athens but they were saying how much smoke was drifting around which is what got me worrying.

Goodmorning forum :) a little update for my beauties ☺️

I don’t pet her just her toes a little. Marcus is jealous I know. But he has a weapon to stop us. He walks to the nest box. And then it’s all over. She gets hypnotized and if he enters the nest. She gets wild running towards him ☺️☺️

My problem Tash is that she plucked a little. And I’m keep trying to collect all the data and understand. I know for a fact she wants babies. These days I’m there with them observing. I thought that Marcus is pushing her to visit the box but no. She visits the nest on her own and she gets frustrated having it blocked. But the heat those weeks earlier was so high….I kept watching her…and fed her properly. Is august now. Their aviary is oriented to the east they can do their thing now….July this month is very very dangerous….
I unblocked the nest yesterday. She got inside there in seconds after.I’m not kidding. She got there alone without even Marcus do anything.

So I guess there won’t be too long till I log in here again being in a panic asking for advices
This last month she’s blocked I have fed her very very good and given supplements despite the food I provide to them.
I’m just curious to see if she’ll leave her feathers alone without teasing them if she gets a successful clutch 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sometimes they make a brood patch others don't so as long as it's not regular plucking and an occasional thing all's well.

Look at her …it’s only 2 days I unblocked the nest. Her feathers are growing back. She was bold …i believe she was upset by blocking the nest combined with the fact she hasn’t succeeded in raising youngsters. She has plucked more than a brood patch (Is hard seeing her doing this thing really)

She was calling me to Get closer to the cage. But her man didn’t want me Closer he stands on a higher perch..so she got at a lower place so we can interact. Look at him how pissed he is. And she gives up and let him do his thing to me

But then when she’s right next to him he is way more “gentle” with me. I think he is confused with me? Or he respects the fact that she feels something for me too? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hello forum :)
Just an update :)
I unblocked the nest the first week of august. They have been visiting and playing band chilling inside out there most of the days. Then they do a break for a day or two but with the word “break” meaning they don’t spent all the time doing their thing. They eat a lot (they torture me having me handfeeding them both before sunset food that I’m very concerned about them consuming) and the they only sleep together.
Today I noticed that my little princess enjoys and ask from me to feed her, to get close to her
and spend some time with her but I offered to pet her three four times and she is not taking my offer 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 I tease her toes her beack but she’s not accepting me petting her. I could feel her respecting her boyfriends wish she was looking me and him and then again looking at me and then him again.
And Marcus since I’ve leaving them alone most of the day alone or even if I’m home I’m not disturbing them he doesn’t attack me. he is
Not mad at all if I don’t stay much there with them and if I visit on the sunset.
Fridays though i always ask for a bath and they both accepted today. 🥰🥰🥰

Today I’m traveling so I’ll be away for 9-10 days
I hope 🤞 this won’t affect my little princess 🤔🤔🤔🤔

🥰🥰🥰🥰
https://youtu.be/aLOKIZz2cdI?feature=shared

I’ve been offering 3 weeks now for a bath, and finally I got a loud YES 🙂🙂
The reason they refuse for so long is due to their desire for this nest box. They again are so obsessed with this box.
is December already, my little princess has rest so many months since her last attempt to breed and raise some birdies and now they are so focused and so serious about it. They are so silent and spend all day inside there with some breaks for food. They eat a lot. Truly a lot. Lots of nice and fresh things :) especially my little
Princes 🥰 im so happy with her consuming valuable food although she has me every sunset standing there waiting her to eat them all.
(We have a trick us two so Marcus doesn’t bother us ☺️☺️☺️☺️. With one hand I keep him occupied trying to take a bite of me and while
His trying to bite me she climbs on a higher perch so I can offer her fish or sardines or crawfish 🦞. The moment she starts eating Marcus stops and joins us)

Last year she started laying those eggs on the 6th of January. So like last year, december
Again is the month of silence 🤐

Not an important comment but need to point out that our boy Marcus is talking with whole sentences . Those wild jungle vocals belong back to the past?i Have never heard those
Screams again not even on the sunrise or the sunset. Never again…. What happened?

Good evening forum :)

Great to hear from you Antonio lovely that the Prince and Princess are so well.
Things change over time and if Marcus thinks that the Princess reacts more favourable to the sound of words like when your talking he's going to use that to his advantage to get her attention :feel_loved: such a clever boy.
@erithacus

Edited to add flock members communicate with who they know are the flock so I would think Marcus has finally had a thought that you the strange unflighted bringer of food are actually a member of that flock plus his sweetheart the Princess adores you so may as well accept you because your not going away :)

Very interesting point of view 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
his behavior is so funny but so sweet and a side of me enjoys it too ☺️☺️☺️☺️ clearly he respects and likes my little princess ALOT… she’s such a sweet birdie how wouldn’t he though 🥰🥰🥰🥰
Though, I wouldn’t say he is aggressive towards me…he just wants me to leave and not disturb his girl…he knows Im not disturbing but he notices her how she reacts when she sees me or when she even hears me (the doors are wide shut and I’m just whispering when I get back home and still she gets that im there). So, I cooperate with him. I respect his desire for isolation but when my little princess is planned to eat fish he knows that I’ll stay there Untill she eats her whole share. So he respects it… as soon as she starts eating, he joins us standing without moving and watches us. I offer to him too but he doesn’t like fish at all (if it is broccoli or carrots he accepts my offer and takes it from me and shares it with our girl while I’m right there🥰🥰)

He is very clever and his aggressiveness is not like hitting the cage bars with his feathers being like a ball. He just comes very close to the cage bars and tries to get my finger with his beack wide open in a slow motion. I should take a video to show u is so funny. And me, tenderly touch his nose or his toes as he continues doing it. He also knows that if he continues or get more aggressive my little princess will get a bit mad at him and will give him just one bite or they will connect their beacks but she will bite his beack a bit hard

she left her belly feather to grow back again… I can not explain it but I can feel them Tash.. the way they look each other while I’m right there some centimeters away from them….they will
Start this breeding thing again…she is very well prepared though her nutrition is very very rich

But Still I did not like it AT ALL that she plucked her belly during the summer. I’m Very very cautious about it 😯

A brood patch for her seems necessary
Go with the flow
Marcus has come a long way and has learned by example from the Princess that you can be trusted even if he doesn't quite know why
You have all come such a long journey in your quest for them to be like they should enjoying each other's company and sharing it with you you should pat yourself on the back you've done and amazing thing.

I’m so glad to hear this from u :) this month I’m planning to disturb them as little as possible. And then, I know I’ll be missing her but she’ll be brooding those eggs 🤪
I’ll be less stressed and anxious I’m learning too 🙂🙂🙂

Hello forum :)
an update from us down here is that I work a lot, I have a very limited time but I always interact with them just for a couple of minutes every day and then I leave. On friday though, I couldn’t get back home neither Saturday neither Sunday. But I got today…as I was loading food I got to see this
https://youtu.be/2xCeIZA6ySo?feature=shared

So, after February May is the month they want to
Raise 🐥 🐣. There’s blood 🩸 in the eggs, my little princess must have had a hard time laying both of them 😯🤢 and look at her underneath there are defenately more to come 🤢🤢🤢
She was distant but she came close to me to say a hi :).
I cross my fingers im worried for her 😳. This is her 4th time laying though but each time is a torture. I’m scared for my birdie.
Marcus pushes her too to this whole process but she is the one who lays those eggs 😓
But on the other hand she has been wanting this for years and years and years. Ao who’s to blame here….
Is April but here guys is so hot. This april is like no other in the past. Today we got 32-34 degrees Celsius and is April. I’m cautious for her being inside there brooding those eggs if this heat keep going
I don’t know I’m happy for them but I’m so
scared for her 😶😓

Steady your nerves Antonio. If it gets way too hot she will come out of the nestbox. Plenty of cool water for her to dunk herself into if she wishes.
Just keep up with the excellent nutrition, the plucking is a brood patch means she can regulate the temperature of the eggs properly and when they develop inside the eggs she will know how the chicks are developing. Make sure there is no direct sun onto the nest box but don't block airflow to it.
If she didn't want those eggs she wouldn't breed it's not a case of being forced I have seen hen birds attack males and even bit off one of their toes when they didn't want the attention. Just keep checking up on her regularly by calling her out for a couple of minutes each day.

Well it’s been over a year since she started and wouldn’t give up Untill I interfered. Do you think i shocked them by taking those eggs away and blocking the nest entrance? I can recall they wouldn’t stop trying for another clutch and it was July already with lots of heat. And one of those eggs Was fertile. And from the growth inside it was the last one she laid. So they got to the point that they should mate before laying eggs. Is that sensible to them? Willl they stick to it and mate this time so that those eggs will be fertilized. Am asking because if they won’t be fertilized I’m pretty sure they won’t stop trying and trying. And she can’t lay 12 eggs again… I won’t find peace my mind is on her and I have so much work too 🤪. I’m working and thinking of her.
I got today back without talking she understands me. How on earth she does that I frankly don’t know. She whistles to me a certain vocal she makes so I get out. She calls her slave and the slave knows he cannot hide he has to show up. And despite she’s busy inside there to the nest box she’s so relaxed and happy to see me. And so am I 😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

You will see by lighting the eggs if fertile. If they are and develop then it will be rearing no laying. If they fail then block the box again slow it down and allow access after 6 month (two clutches in one year is the maximum that should be in their natural cycle)

you are a treasure Dizzy :) that’s what I want to do. They don’t like it at all blocking the nest though but is April already. I can not let her laying and brooding during the summer months inside that wooden box. So it’s her lucky strike 😂if those eggs are fertile she gets to raise chicks but if not, bye bye nest box Untill next year 🙂🙂🙂. I’m relieved already… I was afraid you would suggest “leave them try in order to
Learn and get where they want to get”

Back
Top Bottom