Hi!

KeatonB

Registered
Hi all,
My name is Keats and I am new around here.
I have a female alexandrine parrot called Cleo, 2 cockatiels called Tate and Immy, a kakariki called Turbo, a lovebird called Balloo and a few budgies and zebra finches.
I love all my birds and look forward to meeting other pet lovers like myself.
Thanks

:welcome: Keats and your flock.
Can we have some photos (we love photos) :thumbsup:

I know, I am very lucky to live in the country where I can build countless aviaries for them. Trying to tame the Alexandrine at the moment. Do you have any tips?

Have a look in the behaviour/training thread, but if they are kept in an aviary they rarely become tame. I am sure other members will be along with advice.

All lovely birds your photography is great to i try an get pictures most the time blurry or missing a part lol

Thanks. Sadly my kakariki Turbo has managed to escape from my aviary. He is still flying around in the trees around his aviary so I hope he will stay around us.

Food and water bowls out for him and hopefully if tame you can entice him back and catch him.
At the moment there is plenty of shelter and food about but that won't enable him to survive as the weather turns later plus predators such as sparrow hawk will easily target him due to the way parrot species fly which is in straight line flight unlike in wild birds that dip and climb in flight to make themselves harder targets.

Those kaks are so quick, good name he has. Serioulsy I hope you can get him safely back. Can you stand a cage out with food in that he may go into put it next to the aviary.

Leave cage open with his food an water inside. I lost a budgie once an he was found about 4 days later. Hope you get him back soon.

Back
Top Bottom