1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would Like Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Rain, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Really want to get Ri a new cage but not keen on the light grey/dark grey colours that most are in (I like them but they won't look right in my living room) - otherwise I'd get him the Rainforest Bolivia.
    Was looking at this one but not familiar with the brand. The 24 x 20 x 60 one in Coco Brown. I think the bar spacing is ok (3/4 inch) and the locks seem fine. It's wrought iron with non-toxic powder-coated finish.
    Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this cage/brand. Thank you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000QFRSRM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

2. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Rain likes this.
  3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I like this style of cage for Senegal parrots and it dose look a good quality cage now all my senegals love making pea soup of there water and the way I get around this is to put the water on the opposite side of the cage. using the two bowls provided one for seed and or pellet and the other for fresh food. my senegals do not like large cages or cages that go to the floor. mind you they do not use the play area and rather just climb on me or on top of the kitchen cabinets. there are two types of this lock one is when you push the button it lock it and the other is it will open it. I prefer that when you push the button it locks the door as the other can get caught if moving the cage around like I do when taking them out in the garden. it dose have a swing catch on the door so you should not have this problem.

Rain likes this.
  4. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Yeah I really do like the look of the Bolivia. I was looking at the stone colour but it seems to be a light grey - whereas my living room is more neutral, creams, warm colours. For some strange reason, the bigger size I want is cheaper than the smaller size.
    I shall carry on looking.

5. Rain

Rain Regular Member

The only thing I wasn't sure of was that it seems to go down to the ground too much. Not sure whether Ri would like that. I may have to re-think.

6. Michael Reynolds

It looks a good height from the ground for a Senegal

Rain likes this.
  7. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Oh well, if I get it and he doesn't like it - he'll just have a spare. ;)

8. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

My Sennies have the Bolivia in the stone (it is light grey) and it is cheaper from Scarletts.

Rain likes this.
  9. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Yeah @dianaT I was going to get that from Scarletts. I may just have to get it and re-decorate my living room. :/

10. dianaT

It will look fine. we have not put the skirts on ours though or the tray that goes underneath the play top on the roof as felt it makes the cage dark. But your lad may not be bothered by that.

plumsmum and Rain like this.
  11. Michael Reynolds

:risas3::risas3:My friend has a stone Senegal will that help the match :risas3::risas3::imwithstupid:

12. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Yep, I think my OCD is getting a little out of control. I'll be painting Ri next.

13. dianaT

@Rain here's a photo of my dear late Jaffa in his Bolivia (he passed away 18 April liver tumour aged 22.5yrs)

Jaffanewcage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2018
  14. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Oh bless him. :(
    Sorry I had to save the pic and open it big, as I have very bad eyesight now. But it does look like a lovely cage. x

15. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

@TomsMum Do you have any suggestions?
    Jude has come up with some different ones in the past perhaps she knows of other ones in the correct colour and size?

16. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Don’t know of anything in cream these days.
    I have a Liberta Cambridge in Stone for Chiko...... and we have creamy coloured walls (well sometimes they are pink spotted due to pomegranate...but I digress!) and it blends in quite well, I think.