Yeh the problem i have is stress, the poor little man gets very stressed, i tried dunking him like the vet said, warmish water and then i dunked his rear end, i did the towel too and spray but each time he just gave up, you know when they scream and squawk but then get so stressed they sort of just go floppy like they have decided its time to be eaten, i couldnt put him through that over and over, poor thing was a mess. Im just following the vets advice. He told me he could try an operation, he has never done it before but he would be willing to try if its the last chance but then i told him hes 10, he was convinced he was only 3-4, said at 10 there would be such a small % chance to survive so its been a lot of waiting in the hopes this weird finger would be knocked off. Multiple times i have woken up to the bottom of the cage red/white goo with blood and goo from the area, he seems to get very upset and quiet then this blood appears and hes all perky and happy again, like the release of that helped him, its just a very upsetting situation.Hmmm interesting we used to use a warm compress (bit of material with warm NOT hot water) a few times a day to soften those up keeping it disinfected with a little antiseptic (fqo watered down would do it) and gently rubbing them to try to keep them blockage free and upping the intake of vitamin A as that's usually something to do with the blockages. Have you tried any of this?
But obviously your vet will know best not trying to teach anybody to suck eggs and I am not a vet it just kind of pinged my bran a little there .... almost woke up another brain cell!! Dangerous!!
Can i ask, do you agree its the best thing to do, to take him to the vet? I keep second guessing myself, i keep thinking if he dies of stress it would be my fault and if i didn't take him he would still be alive but then on the other hand if the vet can remove some of the lump he might have a whole new happy life for the next few months/years. The risk is will he survive the stressful vet visit. I think its the right thing to do but i just cant decide. What would you do?