1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows And Doors

Discussion in 'Home and Environmental Hazards' started by TomsMum, Apr 11, 2017.

1. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

there seems to have been a noticeable increase in the number of lost and found birds reported to us by Pets Located over the past week or so....
    .I was thinking ....could this be related to the spell of warm, sunny weather many of us have been experiencing?

Please do a good check of your house for open windows and doors, to ensure that things are secure before letting your bird out of their cage for their flying/exercise/playtime..... especially if there are other people in the house and windows open elsewhere in the house.

jaspers mum, Stinkie and dianaT like this.
  2. jaspers mum

jaspers mum Regular Member

It is Jude, this happens every year despite numerous posts, shares on fb pages etc. It's heartbreaking. Homes with kids running in and out leaving doors open, folk taking birds out thinking they won't fly off, all sorts of silly, preventable 'accidents' I shake my head in despair :(

TomsMum likes this.
  3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

The nice weather will always make the outside look more inviting for a lot of parrots. the longer days will keep the more alert and also mean that there are many more opportunities to fly off. lets hope that the weather also means there are more chances of them being found and returned