Who Is Our Clever Clogs??

MoinZ

Registered
Yep 17 for me too!!!

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
If you have a look at the mechanical parts it shows as two but if u look on the final line to add them up there is only one part so instead of two parts its half so 1 answer is 16 just a way to catch you out aha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Reynolds

Coming on this late I would of said 60 but now I have to have another look at what the two spring represent compared with just one spring but I do know one thing ….. it dose not make up to a complete car

Ararajuba

15 if the question was set with standard notation in mind, but with the usual parentheses omitted with the apparent intent of causing confusion about exactly what was meant. It's a rather cheap way of making the question difficult (since I wouldn't assume this sort of thing is going to use notation correctly to begin with, as they often don't) - but then this is really meant to be a "trick" question, not so much a mathematical question, to begin with!

Michael Reynolds

I will also go with 15 as tyre is five and one spring =1 times the piston that equals 10 still leaves 10 so ten plus five gives the answer, but it still don't make a complete car

Nigalius

Madras
But, look at both pair of springs. They are not identical. The red part of the springs are joined up in the first pic but are laid next to the others in the second pic. I think. The problem lies in those springs, I am sure.

If 2 joined springs and 2 unjoined springs equal 4 it comes to what either one adds to. It cant be 2 plus 2 so its either 1 + 3 or 3 + 1. so I now say

Michael Reynolds

yes I had noticed but the different closeness of the springs can represent any denomination that equals 4 so it could be 65 - 61 for example or the set together could represent a number and the two separate may be a result of a sum but this will not let us know the value of the single spring
just to keep your mind ticking all night Nigel what if the first set has the value of Four and the last set has the value of 0 then the single spring has the possibility of representing any number including 0 so the answer could be 50 or even five, there must be some logic that we are missing to solve this

Top Bottom