1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Cage For 1 Cockatiel

Discussion in 'Housing' started by angel_uk, Jan 7, 2019.

1. angel_uk

angel_uk Regular Member Registered

Which cage would you choose for 1 cockatiel?
    I don't want it to feel lost in it but they always say bigger is better so if it means giving more space then I rather go for longer one and not regret later I didn't .
    All cages are same width

Attached Files:

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I like the first one for cockatiels

3. Stinkie

Stinkie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The first cage is awful, all those wire hearts are an accident waiting to happen, and same with the guillotine doors but at least you can zip tie those! Get a nice, sturdy, fuff free cage instead, like the 3rd one :)

JessCheekyMia likes this.
  4. angel_uk

What is guillotine doors please?

5. RoyJess

RoyJess Regular Member

Doors that slide upwards to allow you to slide the food bowls in, birds can lift these and then they can slide down again upon the birds head/neck, it's where the heart shape things are and they too can trap the birds feet.

6. Michael Reynolds

I did not see the wire hearts and that is something I hate now I have never had a problem with the sliding doors but I only use stainless still bowls and never use the sliding doors in my cages.

7. angel_uk

Why is that please

8. Michael Reynolds

Shapes that a claw or foot can get caught in and cause injury are never recommended by me and yes I have had this happen to one of my smaller birds in the past The cage was soon destroyed. bars on cages should be at an even space and putting patterns in the bars can make one part slightly more narrow that a foot can slide in, unfortunately my graphics on this computer dose not show any heart shapes out clear for me to see but I love the size or the cage for a tile to ringneck size of bird

9. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

I agree with the heart shape. My Cheeky's first cage had heart wire shapes. He never trapped his feet or claws thank goodness but there is that danger with them. He had a good 5 years in that cage and had no problem but like I said there is a risk.
    I got Cheeky with his cage for a Christmas present. He was the best Christmas present ever.

Michael Reynolds likes this.