What does your parrot eat every day?/How should I give oats to a parrot?

Nnbal

Hello to everyone ✨
Can I cook the oats I bought from the market with water and give it to my parrot?Is it harmful? He loves oats when cooked. How do you give oats?

My parrot eats this for breakfast.
Collage_20210419_090635.jpg

What does your parrot eat every day? What does he eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? I was wondering if you could give me an idea

He then eats fruit and vegetables
IMG_20210408_115536_resized_20210419_091259097.jpg

He eats hand-fed food at dinner.
Screenshot_20210409_203239_com.huawei.browser_edit_98566245481313.jpg

Thank you 💎

Is that red onions in the bowl? If it is then they shouldn't be fed. The nutri bird hand rearing mix your bird is fully grown and doesn't need that your bird needs to feed itself, rearing mix should have been weened off a long time ago,
Porridge oats I feed by making a batch up with boiled water and add a little fruit juice or a small amount of honey and feed it cool but not quite cold.
Note for those who haven't fed it before too hot will burn the birds crop as would hand rear mix if too hot.

Oh yes I hadn't noticed onion they must not have onion, garlic,avocado - I think there's a list somewhere.

Hi, if you search the forums for the words chop or sprout, there will be tonnes of threads for you to search through! In the meantime though... some examples of chop I've made for my birds with a mix of veg and fruits. Eg, carrots, broccoli, courgettes, cauliflower, sweet potato, squash, chilli, okra, radishes, beetroot, pomegranate, apricots, parsnips, kiwi, apple... some things don't freeze well though. Also remember that things such as avocado or onion are poisonous, and eg.. white potatoes should be cooked first. I also add some of the avian tea and oats or desiccated coconut to the mix to help soak up the juices. I also add herbs to the mix for added nutrition. There are lots of ideas on here, but I also have a copy of the Parrots Fine Cuisine cookbook which gives list of ideas.

Is that red onions in the bowl? If it is then they shouldn't be fed. The nutri bird hand rearing mix your bird is fully grown and doesn't need that your bird needs to feed itself, rearing mix should have been weened off a long time ago,
Porridge oats I feed by making a batch up with boiled water and add a little fruit juice or a small amount of honey and feed it cool but not quite cold.
Note for those who haven't fed it before too hot will burn the birds crop as would hand rear mix if too hot.
Not an onion, that radish

He loves hand feed food. I can't stand I give😊

Hi, if you search the forums for the words chop or sprout, there will be tonnes of threads for you to search through! In the meantime though... some examples of chop I've made for my birds with a mix of veg and fruits. Eg, carrots, broccoli, courgettes, cauliflower, sweet potato, squash, chilli, okra, radishes, beetroot, pomegranate, apricots, parsnips, kiwi, apple... some things don't freeze well though. Also remember that things such as avocado or onion are poisonous, and eg.. white potatoes should be cooked first. I also add some of the avian tea and oats or desiccated coconut to the mix to help soak up the juices. I also add herbs to the mix for added nutrition. There are lots of ideas on here, but I also have a copy of the Parrots Fine Cuisine cookbook which gives list of ideas.
Yes I know. It's not the onion, it's the radish on the plate. It also contains sweet potatoes.✨

Can I give oats cooked with hot water everyday?

We feed ours Harrisons High Potency pellets. 10 each in the morning, plus 5 Harrisons Power Treats with eg, 2 almonds and a hazelnut. These are put in a foraging tray with beech wood chips and wood chunks from toys. For their evening meal they get 6 Harrisons pellets each plus a veg mix. Nuts are good but not too many, macaws are prone to weight problems in captivity. They can also have cooked pasta for a change, mixed in with their veg, ours enjoy the occasional boiled egg (shell too). Sprouted seeds are also good, the is a thread on the forum which gives lots of details on this.

Back
Top Bottom