What does this mean?

LenaFox

Registered
Hi Club!
Kiki has been feeling better, I think. She’s been flying around, chirping and playing and eating. She is keeping her weight and drinks water. Her droppings look fine to me.
HOWEVER, every single morning when I take her down to our living area she stands on her cage or the kitchen chair, lowers her whole body and opens her wings a little bit and stays there for a few minutes. This is also the only time she would let me pet and scratch her head.
Is this a sick bird sign, mating behaviour or is she asking me for scritches? Also… is scritch a real word?🤣
She almost only does this in the morning and only once in the evening.
Link to some better resolution photosBF509F86-0A7E-4820-8D3B-5A49F65C66CE.jpegC1794B25-9F32-4BF2-A2C7-96E0C3A7E6E9.jpeg
Thank you all!

Awwww its mating behaviour :hearts1: little one looks wonderful
Oh I’m so glad she’s feeling better and this is not a sign of illness! But now more questions! Should I pet her or should I leave her alone? I know I don’t want her to “choose” me as a mate as it could cause negative behaviours and it’s unfair on her

I wouldn't encourage it wait till she finishes the behaviour then praise for everyday behaviour
You still want the bond but not the chaos that can come with bonded behaviour as that just escalates to crazy levels.

I wouldn't encourage it wait till she finishes the behaviour then praise for everyday behaviour
You still want the bond but not the chaos that can come with bonded behaviour as that just escalates to crazy levels.
I thought so! She is already ignoring my partner and trying to be with me or alone doing her thing most of the time. I wouldn’t want her to become aggressive or unsatisfied just because I find her terribly cute!

yes its mating behaviour and showing you she will accept you as its partner, i would take advantage just by stroking her head and neck but do not stroke her down the back. this will increase the bond but not allow her emotions to cause bad behaviour later

Back
Top Bottom