1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wednesday 9th January

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

I'm in hospital. My throat had meat stuck from Monday night so getting reflux treated as well. Am not seriously ill but the worst thing is I am nil by mouth. Am using my phone to send this as don't have my iPad here. I expect to be home tomorrow or Friday.

Cheers

[email protected]

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Sorry to hear this Nigel and hope all goes well and you soon safely back home.

3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Sorry to hear this @Nigalius I’m sure the hospital team there will get you sorted out. Take care and be a good patient!

4. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I hope you will soon get sorted Nigel, nil by mouth is a little restrictive for you as you cannot kiss them lovely nurses

5. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

get well soon Nigel! reflux is vile hope they sort you quickly.
    I am sitting in a wall of noise- Nelly dog is kicking off barking as annoyed at being shut in other room as post is due and I do not feel up to fighting her for it- she has an inclination to grab and shred post if I am not quick enough so have shut her out for a little bit- as Nelly is shouting so is Sophie- she just loves a bit of noise and chaos so is squealing at every noise the dog makes excitedly bouncing up and down. I am unimpressed with both of them.

6. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Back now , have been to see GP had to wait hour & half to be seen as they had an emergency. I have sinus & ear infection so given antibiotics, a few days hopefully they will begin to work.

Nice & sunny down here but very cold with it, still at least it is dry.

7. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Hope you are feeling better Nigel, Back in Kent for a week or so, tidying up the garden (cooold and strange without the chickens to help) and collecting together documents that French bureaucracy demand, but I keep thinking I hear Dora chattering to herself - yet I know she is 500 miles away! and has been enjoying some warm sun this afternoon.

8. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I hope you enjoy the peace in the garden of England and also in your garden plus you find the documents you need Wendy

9. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Thank you, Nice to be back in some ways but a bit too peaceful without Dora, husband and the chickens!
    I think we have all the documents to hand, but each have to give multiple copies of everything (Birth, marriage etc) plus 3 months worth of proof of residency in Frnace from electricity, water, phone bills etc to go with our applications for joining their social securuty system. so lots of gathering together, scanning and printing off.
    But also good to be able to catch up with friends and family while Im here.

Michael Reynolds likes this.