Wednesday 8th July

dianaT

Staff member
An early good morning. Arthur woke 5am barking so I came down let both dogs out and he needed to do a poo, so good boy for letting us know, but then hubby followed down and we were both wide awake so stayed up. It's going to be a long day. I can see me having elevenses at 8am!
What a wet morning it is pouring in rain and forecast all day too.
Still waiting to hear from a glazier re replacing our cracked window, I cannot believe they are rushed off their feet.
Hubby may get his car back next week the fault has been traced to it needing a new solenoid valve, fingers crossed that solves the problem.
Here's Arthur

Attachments

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning Diana and all who follow
That's a lovely photo of Arthur makes you want to have a snuggle!
Been up for hours over here done the morning paper runs fr those still having to isolate. Shopping will be on the agenda although have to say its getting easier as there doesn't seem to be any huge queues at the shops anymore
It's raining here too which is a shame as yesterday it was lovely and the weather seemed to have been getting better.
Must do some housework today kitchen floor could do with a wash and my dyson needs to be put through its paces in the birds bedroom.
Must get the cages washed down as they are disgraceful with dust and pomegranate, banana and blueberries absolutely everywhere.
Want to get the curtains (nets) washed today too ... dare say by the time I finish thinking about it all the list will just get longer and longer ... grass cutting was on teh list but raining so off it again lol
Whatever your all up to today stay safe and have a great day

JackAndRob

Staff member
Morning all,

Weather looks pretty miserable in the West Mids today, although rain may clear mid-afternoon.

A pretty intense day yesterday. Meeting after meeting and it was "my" systems under discussion, so all ears were on me! When there's a cast of thousands on the call it can be quite daunting, but I made it through unscathed.

Frankie decided to have a good scream at one point, but household noises are quite common on calls - we're all working from home these days - and it briefly broke the mood. I had a quick chat with Frankie then closed a few doors. I got a few "ooh, you've got birds, what type, what are their names, etc", which can be a pleasant break from serious subjects and lets people relax a little. All manner of household noises are the new normal on calls these days, and we get a rare and sometimes refreshing peek into the private lives of the people we work with.

Have a good one, folks.

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Diana and Tasha plus Jack&Rob and all that follow, its a wet one here as well. birds are all active and calling. I am out for a few hours this morning love the photo of Arthur. have a good day and stay safe

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Well that was random ..... got a phone call can I come out urgently to the next village there's a bird injured on the road.
So off I legs it breakneck speed.... cage, a box, a towel and a raptor gauntlet just in case.
Gets there and think ...... errrr oh hmmm interesting!
Its a flipping greylag goose :lol: so none of the items I have with me are going to help.
So jacket off and let goose catching commence. Geeze I am old and unfit.
Grabbed it in the end, its a youngster probably with all the water on the road thought it was a river or something and got a nasty shock. Anyways checked him over had a couple of really minor scuffs nothing to write home about or needing vet attention and moved him on to a cut field stood with him for 10 minutes and then watched him run across the field and take off with a lot of yelling involved :)
Hopefully he's learned his lesson and will choose somewhere to land where there are others and it is water next time.

dianaT

Staff member
Oh well that got you going this morning then . Since my early post all our power went off. Long story short hubby narrowed it down to the house ring main we think a dodgy socket in small spare bedroom. I am using a tablet now as obviously cannot use desktop computer. Well best go and see how I can help.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I have been messing in the back ground ......
Look who found on the net

:pilot:

My all time favourite icon!!!

Have updated and added a few new smileys to the system and moved stuff around a bit ...... :sorry:

JackAndRob

Staff member
I used to work for AT&T in a very large computer centre and we occasionally had power problems. The whole site ran off batteries with the mains supply keeping the batteries topped up. If the mains failed, two huge diesel generators were supposed to kick in. When they didn't we had about 10 mins of battery power then the whole site would go down. At this point, we would have to go around turning all the switches off, because if they were on when the power came back, the huge demand would trip everything out again. We would then bring equipment back up in stages.

My point being, that if you have a power failure, or a CB trips, try unplugging or turning everything off, except for maybe one light so you know the power is back, close the CB, then bring everything else back in stages.

A - It makes it easier to work out what caused the trip in the first place.
B - bringing things back in stages doesn't cause a huge surge that can trip the CB again.

Funnily enough, I have recently been changing a lot of our household power gear to "smart" switches, sockets, plugs, lights, etc. I had to isolate circuits to do that. When I opened the consumer unit containing the CBs, all the sticky labels had fallen off so I didn't know which CB did what! Working it all out was "fun"!

dianaT

Staff member
Well nephew came to advise he did qualify as electrician but doesn't do it now. He and hubby took sockets off and tested the wires we think faulty one found but as they run through old damp stone walls -cottage is approx 180-200yrs old it poses a problem as to where they go and in which direction. It all looks like things have been done piecemeal! Now hubby's having to rest(nephew had to go) So ATM nothing back in place and furniture moved anywhere and everywhere with dusty dirty corners visible which I cannot vacuum due to no sockets! No TV no radio etc. So hope the world is still ticking by !

Top Bottom