Wednesday 6th November 2019

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning all
Its a crisp cold morning here the fireworks just seemed to go on for flipping ever last night they were still going off after 11pm :( emergency services will have been busier than normal last night heard sirens a couple of times.
There's a bright clear sky this morning, not sure what the weather has in store for us at the moment though hopefully more of the same as the rain is getting a tad tedious a dry day or three would be good. Garden is like a boggy mire and could do to try out a little and the local land drains are full to the top again.
Whatever your up to today stay safe peeps

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Tasha and all that follow, a dry but crisp start to today with the sun shinning, all the birds are ultra noisy singing flying and chirping away. had no fireworks around this way but could hear some in the distance but my flock did not react. have a good day every one

KateA

Hi everyone.
Mixed weather here.
Have an awful cold. Gotten into my chest so coughing for England.
Luckily a day off so some chance to take it easy.
Gently tidying our kitchen and putting liners in cupboards. Later cook some dinner and more cough.
Here's a pic of little Bobbie playing this morningScreenshot_20191106-102000.jpg

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Busy day today trying to catch up a bit while it has been dry. Dora hasn't known whether she is coming or going recently as every time the skies clear we go outside and 10 mins later we all rush indoors again.
As expected, no fireworks here at all thank goodness.
Friends for whom I was on chicken duties are back and brought me a lovely woven basket from Uganda.
Hope your cough gets better @KateA. Have a hot toddy before bed!
Fingers crossed for better weather all round.

KateA

Busy day today trying to catch up a bit while it has been dry. Dora hasn't known whether she is coming or going recently as every time the skies clear we go outside and 10 mins later we all rush indoors again.
As expected, no fireworks here at all thank goodness.
Friends for whom I was on chicken duties are back and brought me a lovely woven basket from Uganda.
Hope your cough gets better @KateA. Have a hot toddy before bed!
Fingers crossed for better weather all round.
Thank you Wendy. As I wasn't born in the UK, I will need your help with what goes in a hot toddy. If it has alcohol I'm happy to comply. X

Kendra

@KateA Hot Toddy, recipe provided by Biological Science Lecturer at uni when I was full of a cold.-

Pure lemon juice
Shot (big) of Whiskey ( or brandy/rum?)
Fill up glass with hot water
Spoon honey to taste

By the time you have had one or maybe two of these you will feel a lot better (or not care) my daughters friends always used to come for one when they felt off (over 18)

KateA

@KateA Hot Toddy, recipe provided by Biological Science Lecturer at uni when I was full of a cold.-

Pure lemon juice
Shot (big) of Whiskey ( or brandy/rum?)
Fill up glass with hot water
Spoon honey to taste

By the time you have had one or maybe two of these you will feel a lot better (or not care) my daughters friends always used to come for one when they felt off (over 18)
Thank you.

Top Bottom