1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wednesday 5th December

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

It the coldest morning of the winter today, A fairly heavy frost outside so glad the wind is only hovering around 11mph and there wont be too much wind chill. There is some rain forecast for the arvo but so long as it stays outside I dont mind, lol.

The birds are fine and I kept it at 15c through the night for them. Neither were puffed up so I am assuming they were comfortable. Nacho has had a quick fly around but is back in the cage now as I will be out for a while later.

I have a hospital appointment today, one of my routine ones where I travel 3.1/2 hours in total for a 15 minute appointment, GGGRRRRR :BangHead: I dont want to tempt fate but I am pretty certain now that the radiotherapy is leaving my body. I woke this morning actually feeling hungry and as I had no curry ready made beside the bed I made do with two breakfast bars. Anyway, I better fly now, I am almost ready for getting to the bus stop and just got to take Frankie to the neighbour that will look after him today. I have someone else coming in to check the birds a couple of times.

Have a Great Wednesday Everyone, Stay Warm and Well

Cheers

Nigel

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning Nigel and everyone, good to hear you are feeling more like yourself Nigel.
    A wet and windy morning here, just awful to be honest.

3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Sorry Nigel I could not resist that :risas3::asz::risas3: shame it had the A there good morning all got another busy morning

4. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

quiet day here, went to a largish pet shop yesterday which had a baby african grey for sale. such a lovely soft baby but I always find it a shock seeing other greys. he was over double the size of my Sophie and really brought home how tiny she is. she is a congo grey but very very small and he seemed enormous in comparison. very cute though and wanting head scratches. they had a baby handreared jardin parrot too- again very soft but boy was he loud!

5. Michael Reynolds

@sunnyring we have a new member looking for a grey I wonder if you can let him know the shop that has one for sale? good evening all

6. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

hi its Kingsheath Pet Centre in Birmingham- nice friendly baby but maybe too far for buyer and the shop were asking £1100 for the parrot

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  7. Michael Reynolds

a good bird is always worth traveling to.

8. Rain

Rain Parrot Sniffer Regular Member

@DizzyBlue Missus! Have just seen my new description on my profile pic (parrot sniffer).
    I wonder who put that there? Hmmmm? Makes me sound like a right wrong 'un :emoji_grin: .
    Haha! You minx. xx

9. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Haha I sniff mine too, they have a great smell

Rain likes this.
  10. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

@Rain … what ….. who....me? :emoji_innocent:

Rain likes this.
  11. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

@sunnyring Dave from Avifabs has started to sell exclusive to three pet stores as if fed up with dealing with the general public I wonder if its one of his did you see the leg ring?

12. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

sorry just saw big silver ring & a sign saying had all paperwork