Wednesday 31st July

Michael Reynolds

Good morning all, its a wet start at the moment, its forecast a dry day, Flock in fine voice since 5:30, just got to let out the chickens, eleven hens and three cockerel's, I am a little worried having three young cockerels all developing there claws, when I was asked to look after them I was told that two will be rehomed so I am not that pleased that my worry is that they may start fighting and the last thing I want is an injured bird, I have kept the more developed cockerel separated during the day in the hope that the others remain safe. have a good day every one and those not well will have a better day today. ill take a photo of the chicks and post it later.

cazimodo

Morning folks. Gosh Michael, it definitely seems like you have your hands full! I would have thought your parrot crew kept you busy enough for three people as it is [emoji1]

Grey here and it rained again yesterday and overnight. We had a bat in the bedroom again last night that I spent ages trying to usher out of the window. Thought we had closed up all the possible means of ingress, but we've obviously missed something. I've never had as many of them coming into the house before as this year.

Have a good day, whatever you get up to.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Morning all, clear but cool today, @cazimodo thats a real problem for you, I would think that bats are like mice and can squeeze through tiny holes. Good luck @Michael Reynolds, adolescent cockerels sounds like a recipe for trouble, although my friend keeps all the chicks that hatch at her place and they seem to sort their own heirarchy without too much trouble.
Time to brush off the feather dander from Dora preening on my shoulder and go to the tip!

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Evening all
Oooo love the top @Yellowchickenparrot excellent find! don't have a sainsbury's around here that sells clothing :( going to have to keep my eyeballs peeled
Final solution to mosquito bites that went funny …… ended up at the doctors after the chemists said I needed to go get them seen too and they didn't have anything that would be effective on them. So duly went on Monday morning and got a telling off... always in trouble! Anyways turns out also have a lymph node that is as big as a marble under my right arm so they decided antibiotics as my body is obviously well pee'd off with the infected bites :buenrollo: On the upside of it all …. taking antibiotics means can't take the statins nor the ant-acid capsules to combat the acid reflux I have all the time which is a side effects of the statins so at the moment not taking those two tablets feel rather good as can actually get some sleep without having to get up to be sick with the acid. Probably get another telling off next week as will have to have my cholesterol checked as its due so even thought it runs really high anyway will more than likely be back to normal sitting well in double figures. :buenrollo:
Going to say the following in a hushed voice … but Henni has stopped picking and the SCUD is finally healing and starting to look more normal flesh wise... don't tell Henni I said that!! Keeping my fingers crossed its over again until the next time ….
Been having some racking thunder storms over here for the last day or two. See A few places in North Yorkshire really got hit badly with flash flooding and bridges down.
So all in all ..... much count our blessings in more ways than one.
Huge massive cyber hugs and healing vibes to all those in need of them. x

KateA

Evening all
Oooo love the top @Yellowchickenparrot excellent find! don't have a sainsbury's around here that sells clothing :( going to have to keep my eyeballs peeled
Final solution to mosquito bites that went funny …… ended up at the doctors after the chemists said I needed to go get them seen too and they didn't have anything that would be effective on them. So duly went on Monday morning and got a telling off... always in trouble! Anyways turns out also have a lymph node that is as big as a marble under my right arm so they decided antibiotics as my body is obviously well pee'd off with the infected bites :buenrollo: On the upside of it all …. taking antibiotics means can't take the statins nor the ant-acid capsules to combat the acid reflux I have all the time which is a side effects of the statins so at the moment not taking those two tablets feel rather good as can actually get some sleep without having to get up to be sick with the acid. Probably get another telling off next week as will have to have my cholesterol checked as its due so even thought it runs really high anyway will more than likely be back to normal sitting well in double figures. :buenrollo:
Going to say the following in a hushed voice … but Henni has stopped picking and the SCUD is finally healing and starting to look more normal flesh wise... don't tell Henni I said that!! Keeping my fingers crossed its over again until the next time ….
Been having some racking thunder storms over here for the last day or two. See A few places in North Yorkshire really got hit badly with flash flooding and bridges down.
So all in all ..... much count our blessings in more ways than one.
Huge massive cyber hugs and healing vibes to all those in need of them. x
I hate acid reflux. Lots of ppl get it. No idea what brings it on. Hope yr bites and everything gets better soon.x

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Ridiculous that medications can actually make you feel worse isnt it - maybe worth checking if the cholesterol can be managed by diet? My mum had very high counts (my brother and I have to have checks too but a veggie diet seems to help), and she had to take statins and suffered the accompanying reflux, she decided it wasnt worth the bother - cholesterol count didnt change but she felt better!
good news about Henni (she said in a whisper)
Have a good day all and I hope you arent affected by the weather and floods

Top Bottom