Wednesday 30th October 2019

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning all
Nice bright sunshine here was a stunning sunrise over the coast this morning
Quite mild too at 10 degrees already
The city alongside of me yesterday apparently ground to a halt with burst water mains and mass diversions so hopefully a spot of dry weather will suit them all to get dried out.
Woke up this morning at 2.45 in total agony I had turned over and must have been laid awkward and have crinked my neck turning head to the left is errr lets just say like a rusty gate! Why is it the simplest of daft stuff seems to be the most painful like a stupid paper cut makes me think I would rather have a broken arm lol hey ho it's going to sort itself out anyways as its already moving better than it was early doors. Sign of getting old me thinks … perhaps chocolate or cake may make it all better ;) strange how all my cures come back to those main two items!
Ammie are very loud today lots of yelling and daft silly calling bath time shortly which will settle them all down and dare say it will mean lots of preening till lunchtime :)
Already sorted first parental run of the day out and have a couple of hours to myself wooo hooo before the next lot. But step-dadis getting on brilliant now with his replacement hip so will be back to being able to do stuff soon (as long as he takes it steady) think he's fed up with being grounded and reliant on others bless. But keep telling him do it properly and its sorted do it in a rush and we'll be set back for ages with it.
Right aviary cleaning next me thinks after birdie bath times.
Whatever your up to stay safe and warm peeps

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, a cold windy one here, best to stay indoors I think,however must venture outside next to feed the wild birds who line up waiting, they daydream had some food earlier but now to top up their feeders.
Glossop is intent these past few days in shredding up every piece of newspaper lining the bottom of his cage and any boxes I put in, he then flaps his wings and whoosh there it goes all over the carpet yet again. Oh well so long as he's kept busy and keeping me busy I guess that's okay.

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Tasha and Diana plus all that follow, its a nice dry morning as well for Kent, and also my road has been closed as road works are going on. its good to know your step father is getting on so well with his new hip. I had one of them starts to the day when something panicked the birds in the bird room at 4am, it took some while for them to settle down and even as the morning got lighter they are still a little flighty. I was given a pile of newspapers the other day Diana put then on top of a food container in the kitchen, the top five have been well chewed as you say it kept some of the birds busy, I hope your hubby is coping with the chemo Diana tell him I am thinking of him. Have a good day every one

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

A damp foggy morning, but just grey now. Husband on his way and plenty of tidying and cleaning done, a quick (2nd) sweep of parrot stuff in the kitchen and prepare for a meal should see me done. He is so looking forward to seeing Dora and the chooks and should be here before dark.
Enjoy your day everyone

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just got back from birdie item shopping met a lovely couple quite by accident who are also into parrots and invited them to join forum, they ain't new to bird keeping and do a bit of rescue and rehoming themselves :)
Time to put all this stuff away and get the toys hung up etc.
Still walking around with a rust riddled neck feel like a right old creaky gate :p but the crink is slowly working its way out as long as I don't try and suddenly look left at speed …. have a feeling MrP will take advantage of that at some point today :yikes:

Kendra

@DizzyBlue been informed that a warm wheaty bag round the neck does wonders, (daughter).

Found Lucy on Dusky's cage this morning, very unusual. Dusky decided it was my fault but spotted him before he got his jaws into me. He is now out shouting "Owwow, Owwow", but his favourite since the electricians were here is blowing raspberries and then laughing, I presume it is raspberries.

So much work to do in the bird room (cleaning), so little energy (or willpower).

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Was debating WD40 and an oily rag!
Just finished doing the net curtains …. by which I mean putting up new wire …. what a pain in the behind!
Measured windows and trotted off down local village DIY 4hooks 4 eyes and two length of curtain wire 9ft 1inch long .....
Are you sure asks the lady? Yup am sure …. had to explain windows are set in wall and there is a gap either side of window that is not very sturdy plaster board so am going to put the hooks in to the walls that are either side and run the full length of the wall with the nets curtain poles go full length so its not an issue windows are really big but not quite full side to side length.
Forgot curtain wire needs to be taught and it has a bit of a stretch in it DOH! took me ages to figure out how best to do it with multiple cutting off of the eye attachments and rethreading them again to get it how I wanted it .... just done the other window quite fast as had worked out from the first one (two are identical but in different rooms .... have sore thumbs now to go with sore neck lmao
So not safe to be let loose!

Right anyways we got some new toys to start going through ….. bought a super duper software pack to go on forum to give us our email alerts back for tagging etc .... but there's the thing … its a super duper bundle download what we like out of a huge list! DOH don't want all of them as we won't use all of them and a lot don't really fit in with what we need so over the coming days you may find some new toys and little add-on appearing and getting tweaked :)

JessCheekyMia

Also Gizzie my rescue, he had 4 years locked up in a cage with no toys and not cleaned out either. My duty is to make up for all the years of misery he had. That's my thinking anyway. I love seeing him enjoy every toy I buy him. He had fruit and veg when he came to me and my word he loves it. He was just fed on cockatiel seed mix and water and nothing else. So I spoil the little fella.

JessCheekyMia

Thank you. He certainly a happy chap now. I have changed his life but he has changed my life too by making me happier since we took him to his forever home with me.
He was scared stiff of everything at the start but look how far he has come.
20181225_165247-960x1280.jpg
Recently I got him a huge wooden toy for one of his gotcha day presents and he is still trying to destroy it.

Top Bottom