1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wednesday 2nd January

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

I got up nice and early today, was awake before 04.00 so thought I might as well rise now, I don't know what its doing outside as its still dark but its pretty cold at 1.4c and the forecast for today is only supposed to reach 3c.

The birds are doing well and Nacho is busy destroying a new toy in his cage, but stops now and again to give me a kiss. Roxy is eating some of his overnight seeds. Big cage clean today for both cages so I better not hang about.

I got a big day tomorrow at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee. I have to see the Oncologist to find out how my radiotherapy has gone. I have zero doubt that it has worked totally and although I said a lot that I had no symptoms I now realise that perhaps I did have a few. My very mild COPD is much better and I have not thought about that for 2 or 3 weeks. My acid reflux, although not perfect is a lot better, I have not coughed up blood for 2 months, I really feel top dog at the moment. I am still a bit nervous though and peed off that I have to spend yet another day travelling for what will probably be a 45 minute appointment. I don't trust going into Jimmy Chungs yet but that will happen eventually. I am also starting to compile a new Tesco order but may also call into Tesco on the way back from the hospital.

Have a Great Wednesday Everyone and I wish all those that are poorly a fast recovery.

Cheers

Nigel

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe likes this.
  2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Morning Nigel, Not been to sleep yet it been one of them nights that I just do not fill tired I want to go into town today get a few things and a new fryer if possible. I hope every one has a good day today

3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning everyone...it’s still dark here, but I can see that there is frost on my car.

4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone and cold and frosty one down here.
    Am contemplating taking down the tree , cards & decs today, I know it's not the right date but well enough is enough.

5. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

been out shopping but now home, sunny and chilly in town but as we dont get anything but a very slight breeze it might again be warm enough for Dora to come outside in her "greenhouse" while the chooks help me rebuild a path behind the house.
    Hope appointment is positive Nigel and hope you get some sleep Michael.

6. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

I am very proud of myself- got the house insurance renewal forms this morning and the rats had put it up again- took most of afternoon but now signed up to yet another company-and £70 a year better off. sounds a petty thing but I find official forms very intimidating and kept having to go look up what questions /answers meant as always terrified of filling it wrong and getting no cover. would probably have taken someone else 20 minutes max but hey I did it!!!

TomsMum, dianaT and Michael Reynolds like this.
  7. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

They rely on making it intimidating so that ugly take the easy option of renewing at

sunnyring likes this.
  8. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Insurance and utility companies along with many internet and phone companies all try to take advantage of our natural instinct and anxiety for not liking changes to our lives by keeping there customers by balancing price increase with the likelihood of loosing there custom. Its only through need that many will look around for the best deals and this is why more contracts are getting there customers to sign longer contracts. you have done well to sort out the insurance as it is a minefield out there.