Wednesday 27th March

Nigalius

Madras
Morning All...

Its started getting light here and it looks ok with plenty of high cloud. The forecast is for a settled day and perhaps some sun in the morning. Winds will be westerly and about 12mph. There should not be any rain but can take that with a pinch of salt if the met office is anything to go by.

Both birds are fine and Nacho was letting me know by lifting his water bowel and letting it drop back in the holder. This makes a noise which I have to investigate. I found his bowel resembled a portion of special fried rice. He must have been hungry through the night and being the great dunker that he is quickly turned this clean water to the mixture it was. The wild ones are still tucked in and will no doubt be out in force soon, Saw a Coal Tit yesterday for the second time this season and will be glad when they are back feeding. They are one of the few birds that actually build a store of food s they dont have to venture far from the nest during the winter.

I dont feel too bad this morning, had some food yesterday evening which was too late and it was so uninteresting. Quorn sausages which are so bland. Next time I will liven them up with some Chip Shop Curry or a load of onions. But the main thing is that nothing got caught in my throat. That is the big thing that is really pi$$ing me off and at times making me feel a little down. Still, I can eat several different things at different times and am learning what suits me best. I do have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow and am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be taken off some of my diabetic meds. I am going to do a check right now, live, a first, surely for the forum. 6.2. Not bad eh? Should be between 4.5 and 7..5 and that is before meds so I wont be taking any of them this morning. Dont want to go into hypo. My cancer treatment seems to be going fine. The Oncologist is over the moon with my responses to the radiotherapy but I do have bad days and good days though nothing as severe as chemo.

Have a Great Wednesday Everyone and Get well Soon as it will soon be the weekend again.

Cheers

Nigel

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone, very misty here but looks like the sun is breaking though.
What a lot going on down here with the armed forces on exercise, last night fighter jets zooming low and loud above, then marines in crafts off the coast sending up flares. apparently this is what is happening
https://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/17502363.royal-marines-to-make-amphibious-landing-at-castlemartin-as-part-of-10000-strong-exercise/?fbclid=IwAR1etlovvjnJ9AiEDhTYJYWQdNKvvr6VX1TrCaH6hd_wZnbGy_tdfjFrM6o

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning Nigel and all who follow
Good news that the oncology geezer is happy with you :)
I am rushing around a bit here got to get the car over for its MOT this morning so will be wheel-less for the day :(
Saw on the telly on the news this morning they are fitting these speed limiters on the continent as standard on vehicles …. Geeze whatever next! Bu its better than listening to Brexit!! Noticed that there has been a signature petition managed to get through to parliament to try and ban hedge netting and make it illegal. Hege netting is to stop birds nesting in the hedge in places like construction sites where the company wish to take the hedge / tree down but want to ensure that no birds are in it as that makes the hedge / tree protected and can delay them taking it out.... Not quite sure which side of the fence I stand on regarding this one?! I can see the implications from both sides and the netting does have to be put in place by professionals so that birds aren't harmed....
Hey ho one for me to ponder about all day :)
Whatever your up to stay safe and huge hugs to those in need of one xx

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
:naughty2::naughty2::naughty2: ooo errr lots of men in uniforms! Steady on Diana reporting such stuff may just stop my ticker at my age :risas3: not sure all that excitement all in one day would be good for me just as well I live up this end of the country :biggrin:

Edited to add … Defo an only in Wales post :thumbsup:

TomsMum

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The speed limiter thing is stupid. Speed is not the main problem, it’s people driving too close and not paying attention. As they only have advisory limits on the German Autobahn are we going to do similarly? Shame the EU cronies don’t have anything better to worry about. If they want to use technology to improve road safety, then do something about those idiots who install on driving in your boot on the motorways,

Lad I went to school with was training down in pembrokeshire @dianaT he's in the army, they were kayaking.
I dated a royal marine, wouldn't reccomend it haha
From what ive heard from other people who have been married to army type people and lived in those communities, they arent very nice.
The lad I went to school with whos training in the army was awful when I knew him.

But im sure theres some lovely attractive uniformed marines somewhere with fantastic personalities!

Michael Reynolds

Good morning all not as sunny as yesterday but I hope it will improve later. Tasha at least the army guys are in there uniforms I think you may have a heart attack if they wernt wearing any thing Ha Ha. Good luck Shirley on your last day of treatment my thoughts are with you and hopefully when you go back in a few weeks time they can give you good news xxx. Been up since 2am studying as my birds in the bird room was awake and flying about. could not see why, have a better day today than you did yesterday.

Stinkie

Staff member
The speed limiter thing is stupid. Speed is not the main problem, it’s people driving too close and not paying attention. As they only have advisory limits on the German Autobahn are we going to do similarly? Shame the EU cronies don’t have anything better to worry about. If they want to use technology to improve road safety, then do something about those idiots who install on driving in your boot on the motorways,
Where is this speed limiter thing coming from? It's just a warning system giving haptic feedback on the accelerator pedal as you pass through the speed limit, you can even override it if you feel like breaking the law. Really sick of the daily fail outrage mongers MAKING THINGS UP in CAPS to be honest. Full text of the regulations here, if anyone is actually interested in the facts. https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:52018PC0286

Michael Reynolds

With self driving cars that have been developed, the speed limit laws and even speed limiting along with the other safety preventions proposed will soon be a thing of the past. the more driving aids they bring in the less concentration required. its like the Volvo was considered the safest car to have and it soon became a joke about the drivers and there driving as many cars had been involved in accidents. its not the speeding that can be the cause of accidents its the lack of concentration and consideration to the road conditions and other users. I was taught to read the road well ahead, at speed above the limit but do it safely, as many people whom have driven emergency vehicles have been. look out for the unexpected clues can be even old tyre marks on the road that can warn of possible dangers. But most of all never take chances as its not just your life you will ruin. Advance driving courses are available and recommended, although not cheep it well worth going on them and it will also help keep the insurance down.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
@Stinkie I need to live at your house!!!
@Heather2131 Hmmmm don't really want one just like looking at guys in uniforms. Firefighters are another thing worth errr window shopping lol personally never liked the police uniform its just a naff tailored zero personality suit and these days seems to be more polyester than actual proper material! :watchout:

:risas3:

@DizzyBlue do you know if I need to be extra careful with handling the chicks at work and then coming home to my parrots?

When we went to the farm I had a shower and changed clothes etc before going near the birds, these are eggs that will be hatching at work that came from an allotment

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Yup keep your hands nice and clean don't want any salmonella passing to your birds and the chicks will need to develop their immunity too when they hatch :)

TomsMum

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Thanks Stinkie :thumbsup:

I still maintain that autonomous radar cruise control is a far better safety feature to endorse, and would help cause fewer accidents especially on motorways and dual carriageways when people pull out without looking properly, or barge out in the case of lorry and van drivers.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I always get the feeling it would be more of big brother watching you.... your car was recorded doing faster than x y or z automatic ticket from the satellite system!
The ability to enter "race what you brung" in dragstrip (street legal cars with a bit more umph) …. would be dead in the water... ok most people don't do that but I have with bikes and cars … the need for a flipping good race down the dragstrip to get it out my system lol.
Having done a lot of motorway travel yup I sit with the car on cruise control (can't believe I have only ever had it on this car!) would say as long as you can over ride the speed then ok by me otherwise would be bumper to bumper in all lanes on the motorway sitting at 70 and the need to speedy up when you have some muppet throwing themselves in from the on ramps at breakneck speed without looking properly or slowing to see what is in the inside lane nearer to them than they think or travelling faster than they think is just a flipping nightmare.
On the note of cars … mine passed its MOT and then got inside it and flipping warning light came on :( EGR valve needs replacing …. BUMMER!!! So will have to book it in and get that sorted.

@Heather2131 Need piccies of the easter chickies. Saw my first lambs bouncing around one of the local fields this morning. :)

Stinkie

Staff member
Thanks Stinkie :thumbsup:

I still maintain that autonomous radar cruise control is a far better safety feature to endorse, and would help cause fewer accidents especially on motorways and dual carriageways when people pull out without looking properly, or barge out in the case of lorry and van drivers.
Completely agree!

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just found out how much the car part is for my brum brum ….. and can only say YIKES
It's £1600!! WTF!!! Wondering if its gold plated or diamond encrusted or some such crap!!

Top Bottom