Wednesday 24th June

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Very hot, shutters pushed over in some rooms, but Dora is OK watching me from inside the shaded kitchen window.
Been shopping which is still a slow process, and will be glad when my husband goes out to choose things he needs rather than second guessing what is the right thing..... gave up in the diy shop as couldn't make contact with hm until outside, and couldnt face going back in again round the ones way system.
Chicken with the bad eyes is now looking much much better, one more day of drops for her.

Wondering how Molly is?
Take care everyone

Kendra

Hot, hot, hot. Birds rooms seem cooler than in the house but the aviary door is open, if they become too hot I will shower them. Oscar rarely likes a shower but David turned the 'spray' thing on him last week and he loved it, now he is a lovely cute fluffy white ball with a shark hidden inside.

I need a new computer and printer but where to get one? I tried Argos but they say they have none for delivery, everything I order from Argos says non for delivery yet they say say they are now delivering?? Any ideas anyone? I will not use Curry's, the last 2 I have had from them have not been right and do not last very long.

I should be doing lots of things around the house but it is far too warm to move far. That is my excuse anyway and I am sticking with it.

Scott199

Hot, hot, hot. Birds rooms seem cooler than in the house but the aviary door is open, if they become too hot I will shower them. Oscar rarely likes a shower but David turned the 'spray' thing on him last week and he loved it, now he is a lovely cute fluffy white ball with a shark hidden inside.

I need a new computer and printer but where to get one? I tried Argos but they say they have none for delivery, everything I order from Argos says non for delivery yet they say say they are now delivering?? Any ideas anyone? I will not use Curry's, the last 2 I have had from them have not been right and do not last very long.

I should be doing lots of things around the house but it is far too warm to move far. That is my excuse anyway and I am sticking with it.
Ive always used these, not that its very often, but have a look

Oh and hi all, hope your enjoying the sun, im doing the typical british thing and going to moan about how hot i am :)

Had bert in the garden this morning but after an hour, even covered he started to pant, so he's back in the front room with windows open and ive stole the fans from my boys room, he seems nice and cool now, whistling and going but the boys aren't happy, i went up just now and one had a cold towel on his, poor kids :p

telling me its 34 in my garden and truly feels that way, not a hint of breeze or wind anywhere.

dianaT

Staff member
I have to admit it is rather hot down here and not allowed to the beach its only 8 miles away but Wales tell us we can only travel 5miles from home.
Parrots all indoors as far too hot out there they have all had a cooling spray earlier. rthur the daft GR lying out in the sun, he's got a thick coat (and thick in the head!) puffing & panting am going to call him in.
What I really dislike abut the hot sunny weather is the blooming flies.

Ararajuba

Wish it was hot here, we've been having some nights lately where it has gone under 10 ºC! Winter seems particularly cold here this year (by local standards), and we're all a bit fed up with shivering all day in the house (stil get sunburn in short order working in the garden though). This house was designed to stay cool and not heat up easily, heat being the more usual issue here!

It's also rather unsafe spending a lot of time outside because there's been a local dengue fever epidemic lately, with over 40 thousand cases in the city and its environs over the last few months - far more of a serious and prevalent threat than the virus that authorities and media seemingly can't shut up about, which hardly anyone has caught round here, the nearest significant outbreaks being a thousand-odd miles away. Dengue, unlike the over-hyped virus, is extremely dangerous to everyone, including healthy younger people, especially when they catch it repeatedly. So far as I can see normal anti-dengue precautions, including standard measures by the authorities to control mosquitos, have significantly lapsed of late due to the ongoing virus hysteria. They're now trying to make up for this by sending a truck down our street every week or so, dispersing a fine spray of insecticide into the air as it trundles slowly along, which neither us nor animals have any choice about inhaling - all we can do is shut the windows when they come. I doubt it's doing any particular harm to local mosquito populations however, as there is no standing water round here to speak of, it being the middle of the dry season. I suppose it would make too much sense for them to seek out the actual sources of the problem.

On to more pleasant topics. My new drums came the other day. I was surprised by how big they are. The largest is quite difficult to play due to its sheer size - about up to my chest when in its stand, which makes it hard to reach for any length of time. Baby daughter seems to like them though, as she was refusing to have her late morning nap, then went to sleep in her chair when it was parked next to where I was playing the new drums for a while, much to her mother's amusement, not to mention relief.

JessCheekyMia

Wish it was hot here, we've been having some nights lately where it has gone under 10 ºC! Winter seems particularly cold here this year (by local standards), and we're all a bit fed up with shivering all day in the house (stil get sunburn in short order working in the garden though). This house was designed to stay cool and not heat up easily, heat being the more usual issue here!

It's also rather unsafe spending a lot of time outside because there's been a local dengue fever epidemic lately, with over 40 thousand cases in the city and its environs over the last few months - far more of a serious and prevalent threat than the virus that authorities and media seemingly can't shut up about, which hardly anyone has caught round here, the nearest significant outbreaks being a thousand-odd miles away. Dengue, unlike the over-hyped virus, is extremely dangerous to everyone, including healthy younger people, especially when they catch it repeatedly. So far as I can see normal anti-dengue precautions, including standard measures by the authorities to control mosquitos, have significantly lapsed of late due to the ongoing virus hysteria. They're now trying to make up for this by sending a truck down our street every week or so, dispersing a fine spray of insecticide into the air as it trundles slowly along, which neither us nor animals have any choice about inhaling - all we can do is shut the windows when they come. I doubt it's doing any particular harm to local mosquito populations however, as there is no standing water round here to speak of, it being the middle of the dry season. I suppose it would make too much sense for them to seek out the actual sources of the problem.

On to more pleasant topics. My new drums came the other day. I was surprised by how big they are. The largest is quite difficult to play due to its sheer size - about up to my chest when in its stand, which makes it hard to reach for any length of time. Baby daughter seems to like them though, as she was refusing to have her late morning nap, then went to sleep in her chair when it was parked next to where I was playing the new drums for a while, much to her mother's amusement, not to mention relief.
I am sorry but 43,081 people have lost their lives here in the uk. Also many including friends are still fighting hard on ventilators. So this is not a over hyped virus. It is effecting many people's businesses too. Families are having to live appart because of shielding. This is a tough time for many. Like your dealing with the dengue fever people are having to deal with other health problems.

JessCheekyMia

Hot hot out here too. Wanted parrot babies outside but way too hot for them. So out on our own.
Daughters visited today in the garden at a distance. Wanted to give her cuddles as she is missing us.

I hope Molly is ok @Michael Reynolds sending hugs xxx

Stay safe all. This is far from over according to doctors. Xxx

Michael Reynolds

good evening all, picked up the aviary today, birds at home all fine, if there is no improvement tonight Molly will be put to sleep in the morning. as the vet agrees Molly had a stroke I will not be having an autopsy, Apart from a miracle I think this is best for her not much else to say but I hope you have had a far better day xx

Top Bottom