Wednesday 20th November

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, Hoping everyone is okay today.
We have heavy rain and wind here since last night and still going strong.
Fingers crossed my old car passes it MOT today.

Anyone have any news?

Michael Reynolds

News yes the sun is out after it rained during the night and this morning very exciting Ha Ha good morning Diana and all that follow. I hope your car passes the MOT birds are not as loud as yesterday and not so active at the moment. I have a quiet day today will just nip into town though. one of my male tiels has been calling all night and is still calling and showing off I think he kept the others awake, yes he want to attract one of the females but she keeps flying away from him, persistence normally pays. have a good day every one

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Hello all, yes sunny in Kent but not much warmth with it. I'm still coughing and spluttering and I think I will have to give my stepdads birthday lunch tomorrow a miss ( he is 97 and my brother has MS so both rather vulnerable to infection), better to see him a few days late and I can squeak down the phone to say happy birthday. More hot toddies this evening and will be thinking of you tomorrow @Michael Reynolds

KateA

Hello all, yes sunny in Kent but not much warmth with it. I'm still coughing and spluttering and I think I will have to give my stepdads birthday lunch tomorrow a miss ( he is 97 and my brother has MS so both rather vulnerable to infection), better to see him a few days late and I can squeak down the phone to say happy birthday. More hot toddies this evening and will be thinking of you tomorrow @Michael Reynolds
Omg I love hot toddy. Often have one in the morning. It opens up my airways.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Good idea @KateA - been in the garden for an hour or so hoping that the cold crisp air would open my airways - nope, no luck - so hot tea at the minute and tempted to start the hot toddy early. Canr manage more than 2 of an evening though (suppose it depends how much whisky is in it)!

rainbowCro

Registered
Ita very rainy and autumn starts kcikin in. Some car problems aside also but solveable i guess. Goin home from terrain job after 7 days tommorow so hope go get rest. Got im mind to build new cage for mine pair of budgies and goin to buy on friday new 2 and pair them. So on friday i might at afternoon or evening hours need some help of finding Opaline and clearwing birds in few shops, so i hope some good expirienced breeder can come online give a comment or two, hints what to look for so i dont chose bad. The general idea is to pair opaline x clearwing, to produce some parts so i could pair it with mine rainbow chicks ( when my rainbow pair in next few months starts "going onto buisness" ) . Also whats by your opinion cage size for 2 pair of budgies. Im aimimg on diy Cage sort :) tnx

Ararajuba

Not getting any peace here.

Big girl woke up several times in the night to bother me then used me as a trampoline at about 6:30 till I had to get up, then has kept jumping round crashing into things, wantwanting things, making messes, disobeying Mummy, and requiring Daddy to look at her/play with her 100% of the time or she cries. Mummy keeps trying to give me baby sister so she can do other things, but baby sister only wants Mummy and screams inconsolably in Daddy's ear till she comes back, whatever I do. I tried to write a couple of overdue emails, but no, a girl wants to watch children's music videos on the internet instead, and I have to look at her constantly too. Then she cries miserably when I tell her off for pestering so much. The only solution is to drop what I'm doing, turn everything off and go and play with her till she cheers up...

Birds keep screaming for attention/treats, and big girl keeps trying to sneak in behind me when I go in there, to filch toys that she's not allowed at the moment because she has too many out scattered around and naughtily stuffed under our bed already, which she doesn't want to put away. (Birdies help to guard forbidden toys by screaming loudly when she picks them up, so she's scared to go in the room without an adult to reassure her and distract them, thanks birdies!). Birds pestered so much, and I was so much on autopilot after several hours of this, that I mistook the wild birds for them and went in there when, actually, there was nothing in particular they wanted for a change - they looked at me in some surprise "You again Human?". Then of course they wanted seeds and a scratchbite before I could go without a good telling off.

One of the old leaks in our roof has opened up again since the rains started and there's a big pool up there when it gets heavy (ie, now). The builder who did the last repair was supposed to come to deal with it this morning but hasn't, so we've hung around all day for nothing. We thought he would have more enthusiasm when we asked him to quote us for doing up the old apartment so we could rent it out for some much needed BR$, but even the prospect of easy new jobs is not enough to make builders show up on time, it seems.

Some animal last night got into the rubbish bag I had left in the barbecue house till the rains abated enough to put it out properly, ripped it open despite it being double-bagged, and dragged half the contents all over the place. I've seen a rat lurking around (never had these for long when the owls were present, but they've disappeared recently) trying to filch scraps from the dog's bowl, but it was a lot of destruction for one little rat, so it might also be the neighbour's pesky cat, or a strange cat-sized long-tailed animal with a pointy face I saw climbing on the wall nearby late one night, which I think must have been a huge possum. Going to have the pleasure of cleaning that all up when the rains finally stop for long enough, anyway, and really need to find a way to get rid of that rat soon before it starts a family out there (I hope it wasn't the possum, I have no idea what to do about those!).

By mid-day I felt like I was about to get a bad migraine (eye was throbbing and it seemed so bright outside that I could hardly bear to look through the window, despite the gloomy weather), so I had to go and lie down before I just collapsed. Surprisingly this worked, big cute pest has finally gone for her much needed afternoon nap, baby has settled a bit with Mummy, and the rains are reducing at last, so I might actually be able to get some things done at last. Of course I can see the dog looking at me sadly from her kennel, wanting attention and a walk now... :copas:

Last edited:

KateA

Good idea @KateA - been in the garden for an hour or so hoping that the cold crisp air would open my airways - nope, no luck - so hot tea at the minute and tempted to start the hot toddy early. Canr manage more than 2 of an evening though (suppose it depends how much whisky is in it)!
Well mine has little whiskey.
I have a bad wine habbit.

Top Bottom