Wednesday 1st December

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning so it's December already.... please...where did this year go ?

My birthday in a few days time but this year onwards I shall be forgetting to count it just cannot be me to get to THAT age, I remember my aunts & uncles being THAT age and never thought I'd be there, now they've passed we are the 'old' aunts & uncles!!!

I have posted on my FB page for friends & family to donate to Greenacres Animal Rescue where the family Springers Max & Gromit came from, so far raised £100, this is instead of being given presents.

Waiting for Tesco shop to arrive 11-12 and I guess as soon as I start doing something or even pop to the loo they will arrive.
Hubbys back still painful plus his wrist & thumb which physio gave him exercises to do but now he has to heave himself out of the chair usng poorly hand due to his back pain, it's a vicious circle.

Keep warm and most of all safe folks despite Boris conflict with scientists.

Lauraj

Good afternoon all!

We are in the new house, all settled and the birds are super happy. Bo struggled on the first day because he was in a separate room from us and he was used to living in the same room as us...
We now wheel him to the doorway and he is super happy that he is involved in daily life but can fly into his own room onto his java when he is fed up of us!

Me and my boyfriend, and my dad have all tested positive for covid!
I have done almost three years on the frontline dealing with people face to face and end up with covid from people doing work on the new house 🤦🏼‍♀️
luckily my dad is ok, he is getting much better so hope he gets better and better!

Boyfriend is much better today, im up and down but we will get better!
Going to order some bits on Amazon and try get another online shop booked as we cannot leave the house! The birds are happy for the company ha.
Can’t believe it’s december already, boyfriend wants to put the tree up to ‘lighten the mood’ trying to put it off for another few days 😂😂

Take care all!

dianaT

Staff member
@Lauraj So pleased you are in your new house and all settling down, but sorry to hear the positive covid test, fingers crossed you all soon get better. What a rotten thing to happen though. Yes get your on-line shopping booked ASAP - hope you can find a slot with one of the supermarkets. I know folk cannot always get what they are used to in Iceland but they often have slots.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Funny weather - drenched while shopping this morning (so much so I didn't get passport photos done of a drowned rat), then mild afternoon and now hail and snow.
Sad that my 99yr old step-dad (with dementia) has now moved into a care home, and that my brother with MS is still in hospital having gone in for rehab at the beginning of October, then caught covid....ready to go home but needs a double handed care package which isn't available, so he's now a "bed blocker".
Hope you don't have symptoms @Lauraj and van enjoy your new home.
@dianaT sorry to hear that Alan is still struggling. Maybe your local shop that sells riser chairs might rent them out. Or there are riser cushions too.

Michael Reynolds

good afternoon all, pleased you have moved in and starting to settle Laura, lets hope the covid will only be mild, I hope Alan will start to fill better soon Diana, I hope your step dad will get all the care he needs and your and that your brother will get the care he needs so he can get home Wendy

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
@dianaT got my mum fab riser recliner chair on gumtree looks flipping brand new only cost me £40 and its brilliant it stands her almost completely upright making her life so much easier. And that is a wonderful thing to do raising money for the rescue. :besos:

Sorry to hear your all not well Laura and wishing you a speedy recovery,

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Just watched a film on freeview horror channel.....
I do love a good horror film.

Not sure I actually figured out what was going on even by the end of the film. :thinking:
As for horror hmmm seen scarier things in my fridge.

dianaT

Staff member
Many years ago as a family we watched Salems Lot on TV there's huuby, me, our girls and our then Lab Sandy at one point we all screamed even Sandy jumped ! Whether that would be classed as a horror film theses days I don't now but it still sticks in our memory.:risas3:

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
This film was called Mom and Dad totally weird with no real reason as to why things were triggered into happening or conclusion at the end. :thinking:I

Salems Lot is a total classic has a bit of a cult following :thumbsup: The book was freaking awesome and film excellent

Top Bottom