1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wednesday 17th April

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

I think its going to be quite a nice day today with a good amount of sun. Mid arvo could be very sunny indeed. The lightish SE wind is going to be good too and all in all I can see a good day ahead. Lets see if it turns out as expected.

The birds are fine and both were awake a few minutes ago but I think they are back to sleep again. Both are on their perches one way and facing 180deg the other. I now have to be nigh on silent to avoid waking them again. They will see much more of me today and i'm sure will enjoy the cages being open. Its too early for the wild ones yet but I perhaps have id'd the different bird I saw yesterday. Thanks to @dianaT and the link that was sent I think it may have been a Marsh Tit. I saw it or them 3 times yesterday and each tome it was alone. If it was its unusual because that bird does not reside in Scotland though there is a big nature reserve just up the road.

I had my appointment at the health centre yesterday and all was fine with my feet and the diabetes. Then on the way back I popped into Tesco and bought 2 cartons of 'different' milk. A carton of Alpro Soya milk and a carton of Koko dairy free milk. Both have a use by date into next year and I will test them out soon. The big thing is I have my date for the throat fixing. It is another Gastroscopy and this time with Oesophageal Dilation (try saying that when you have had a few jars). Its much easier to say simply a balloon put into my Oesophagus to widen it.

Have a Great Wednesday Everyone and if you are not well sit down, relax and get well.

Cheers

Nigel

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning Nigel and everyone, are you able to contact the nature reserve Nigel and ask whether those birds are seen there.
    Daughter has her big op today needless to say was awake most of the night thinking of her and also re thinking over Chick going into an aviary having lived his 10yrs indoors. But hubby made the decision and Chick is staying, I apologised to the chap who was going to have him.
    It is foggy here and they tell us it will clear and become a sunny day, I hope they are right.

cazimodo likes this.
  3. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning Nigel, Diana and all who follow
    Ooooo that sounds interesting about the balloon Nigel and if it works brilliant :)
    Had an interesting day yesterday.... injured crow … now captured. Damaged left shoulder probably from being bumped by a car or some such thing. So a vet visit, antibiotics, pain killers and a wing strapped later … now installed in a friends spare aviary for recovery. Tis very thin so must have been bumped a few days ago and not been able to get enough food or water. Poor thing anyways it's up to the bird now to take time out to recover and repair and then will be released again. Probably if all goes well just a couple of weeks and can exit stage left and if not then that's ok as the person who has it now has hand reared crows before she keeps raptors and ornamental pheasants and she said the bird is welcome to stay if it can't be released its a 20 foot long aviary with plenty in there for it to do only dilemma is wild born is it morally right to do it. But as they are very very intelligent birds it will be up to the bird if it comes to that if it settles then fine and if not then only one thing would be an option for a wild one but hopefully won't come to that. Fingers crossed for rapid recovery and back to where it belongs heading out into the wild blue yonder!
    Dentist again today … am sick to the hind teeth of going there …. well I was before they decided to remove them … so perhaps the line should read sick to the hind gum!
    Whatever your up to today stay safe and hugs to those in need of one. xx

4. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

We found an injured crow a few years ago - similar issues but a badly broken leg that had partially healed so couldnt be pinned. We built him an aviary and he lived in there until he was ready to go, but he didnt wat to leave and would fly around duriing the day and come back to be fed. Used to play with the chickens (I think he fancied one of them as he used to pull up spinach leaves and offer them to her). He stayed for a year then disappeared suddenly on a stormy day after a very hot spell - we just hope he joined the local population.

Attached Files:

DizzyBlue, cazimodo and dianaT like this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning all, Nigel I am pleased you have a date for them to put the balloon down to expand the throat, ask them to fill it up with laughing gas , helium may work wonders if it pops Ha Ha. Diana, I do hope all goes well with your daughters op, my thought are with all your family. Tasha I do hope the crow soon recovers, if you know wear it was found then its best to be released back there, I have a crow here that has started to bring me gifts bought a few sticks to me yesterday and proudly placed them near me, I did help a crow out three years ago but I do not know if its the same one. Wendy, crows show there appreciation for the help they are given I do hope he has made a new family and one day he may just come back and see you again. have a good day every one

6. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Evening all. Very busy day at work today so have had head down all day. Weather is improving and temps definitely going up. Relaxing now with the parrots. Hopefully we can get them outside tomorrow.

Have a lovely evening.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe likes this.
  7. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Evening all
    Well dentist appointment … thought ooo only one left to go next week and over and done with … NOPE! Next week they have cancelled that one and installed another three …. how the flipping heck have I copped for more?!?!?!
    Getting fed up of red tape at the moment am beginning to seriously think its a case of left hand not knowing what right hand is asking for....
    Been a lovely spot of sunshine here today and promises of more to come apparently which will be lovely.
    Need to have some tea but have a feeling or rather no feeling lol that it may have to wait until the numbness in my mouth wares off. Wasn't too bad today either that or am having that much done at the dentists I am finally becoming immune via preconditioning as to what they are doing?! Had enamel chips repaired today and a lower canine filed down … that was a really weird feeling ….. dull sanding machine comes to mind … more of a brain vibration sensation... weird totally weird

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe likes this.