Wednesday 16th September 2020

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Wakey wakey rise and shine up and adam everyone
Daylight is a wasting :2birds:
Cooler over here today and we had a good dollop of rain last night which has made the air nice and fresh
watched the video of Ollie that Roz out up this morning and saw the wonderful photo of Bilbo it's mind blowing what love can do :hearts1:
hug hugs :hug:and healing vibes to all in need of them
whatever your up to today stay safe peeps

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone, what a misty one down here the sea mist rolled in last night, I hope it clears.
I have been waiting since Monday for DHL to deliver my Wilkos order - 3 boxes, was given a time for Monday afternoon, it never came, they updated delivery to yesterday , it never came I phoned got automated answer it was out for delivery, then later on it was changed to deliver today! You cannot get to speak to anyone. I am not impressed at all. I know they are busy but why take on deliveries if you cannot fulfil the date and time? :mad:

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Back from shopping too find the village maintainance tractor out cutting back branches etc ( they've already scalped the verges), and in doing so followed the line of trees and bushes on our patch except the far side where he decided to cut to the bottom of the grass bank thus cutting off the tops of a couple of young bushes my husband has been nurturing 🙁. One i hope will survive, but husband is not happy. He's now put metal stakes around all of the young hedgeling plants and i did ask the driver to take care and explained what has happened, but my husband wants to report it to the Mairie too. To be fair the driver probably didn't see the plants from up in his cab. Maybe we should also tie buddhist prayer flags from the stakes 😊.
Stay safe peeps.

Ararajuba

Afternoon people.

Baby and mother returned from their hospital visit late yesterday evening. She was diagnosed with some kind of viral gastroenteritis that is only a risk to babies, which has apparently been going round a lot lately. Unfortunately wife forgot the name of this and also to ask whether it would be a risk to our three-year old, who naturally went straight to mess with the clothes baby vomited on yesterday while I was fetching a bag to put them in to prevent her messing with them, but she seems fine so far. As for baby her fever seems to have largely subsided this morning (it may last for a few days according to doctor), but she is still rather grouchy, tired and not able to eat much, though much improved from yesterday. Apparently with whatever this is the associated fever (which was alarmingly high yesterday for a while) is usually more of a problem than the upset tummy, so she should recover within a few days so long as that stays under control.

Wife not very happy about her outing besides being worried about baby, as while she was sitting in car nursing her outside the pharmacy, she saw some weirdo in a neighbouring vehicle apparently attempting to sneakily film her with his phone. (Luckily she had just had the idea that she needed to cover herself and baby up thoroughly, despite it being rather dark with no-one nearby apparently paying attention, so he probably didn't get to see much.) Bet he wouldn't have tried that trick if I had been there!

dianaT

Staff member
Good to hear baby is back home and recovering. How spooky to have some weirdo trying to film you wife. I agree I doubt it would have happened had you been there.

Michael Reynolds

@Wendy Cooper-Wolfe if it was being delivered by lorry operation stack has been going on for the last two days and I have just come back from Folkestone so many lorry's parked up I think it will take a few days to get them cleared this may be the cause for the delay, wishing your daughter will recover soon @Ararajuba

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

@Michael Reynolds operatin stack it's a nightmare! When there were problems about 5 years ago it was taking me around 2 hrs each way to go between Ashford and Maidstone! Some people even elected to go to a B&B instead of traveling for a few days.

dianaT

Staff member
Yep it's me and I am told it's on it's way now ETA 1738-1838, poor chap delivering had 74 parcels before mine! My gripe is with DHL sending me out wrong info.

Top Bottom