Wednesday 15th July 2020

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Come on you lot time to get up :)
Daylight is a wasting!
Well totally spammed to death yesterday with product recalls being issued never seen so many and they all seem to be in regard to hand gel sanitizers, UVC lights (for killing bacteria) items such as beard, hair and nail electrical clippers ... all useless items or dangerous if used! Never seen so many items hitting the recall market in such large batches! Items being sold across various outlets from Ebay through to Etsy and various other places. Some have electrical issues some items don't don't actually emit UVC some items don't kill bacteria. Soooo as there are so many of them to check .... here's a link to Trading Standards UK if you have purchased any item please check it out. https://www.tradingstandards.uk/consumers/product-recalls-and-safety-notices
MrP is in full Amazon screaming meltdown this morning and yelling his little socks off which can be quite painful to hear as it actually does hurt the ear drums! So singing pop goes the weasel to him to divert him from the WAAAAAHHHHHHH yell :bird_brain: tell me again why I wanted parrots in my life?
Whatever your all up to today have a good one and stay safe x

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, been awake since 5am feeling icky no idea why plus tum ache too.
Terrible so many things on recall, such a variety too.

Had phone call from hairdresser yesterday asking was I okay and why didn't I turn up -news to me, I was waiting to hear when she was working again, she had me written in for yesterday but forgot to phone & tell me, so now I go next Tuesday. She has given up her shop and working from home she has a room all set up and is careful with bookings and timing so she can clean in between, I will wear a mask so will she. I have to find out how to get to where she lives so plan to do a trial run before then.

Got Tesco shopping coming 9-10am so an early one.

Michael Reynolds

Good morning all, A cloudy start but dry, been up most of the night again although I did fall asleep for an hour and a half yesterday evening. I have been worried about one of my flock as I had not seen it for four days despite looking in all the nooks a crannies I could think off. its not the first time Sunny has disappeared for a couple of days so I did not start to worry until yesterday. Well at times I thought I have herd the cannery calling so did not investigate the sound. Around about 3:30 I was cleaning the canneries cage when I herd the sound of another cannery. it was coming from the hall way. so I went and investigated, it was my Sunshine Sunny unfortunately Sunny was fitting. well I have been with Sunny and checked him over he is of good weight and seems perfectly fine in-between fits. I have now had to isolate him and will be contacting my vets later. Sunny is a Red Rump the photo is of Sunny on me this morningSunny.jpg

Michael Reynolds

Can you join our todays posts up please. Sorry was busy and I took a while for me to type as I have been sorting out sunny and the babies

Scott199

Morning?afternoon all.

grey and overcast here to day with the odd "spotty" shower, not a lot to report, been a little strange over the last few days, im "working" from home but we don't really have any work, so im kind of in a limbo where i need to be at my computer in case work come in but i sit here with nought to do.

its a real chilled as i'm still trying to keep Bert to his routine of not seeing me during the day.

i think Bert's having a party in the living room, i can here numerous voices and constant chatter/whistles/alarms oh and he's kindly picked up the seagulls screech noise from outside and for some unknown reason a turkey call, pretty sure that never came from us, im 100% the turkey from tesco's doesn't make a lot of noise.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day, i'm going back to waiting for something to do now

Michael Reynolds

just an update on Sunny. This morning sunny was having fits every 15 to 20 minutes. my first thought was dehydration but his body was of good weight. but still treated Sunny as if he was dehydrated. Well I managed to get him to take water a bit of a grape and some baby food that I had for the amazons. By 7:30 the last fit happened, Spoke to the vet And did a video link, told him the circumstances, but he said to let him know if Sunny had another fit and then he will see him. well I had to go that way for my bird seeds so I took Sunny with me in the pac-a-bird. Sunny had not had another fit since this morning. The question I am asking myself is did Sunny hide or was Sunny trapped in some place, the vet wondered if it was hiding and not wanting to leave the place or in shock. I will keep Sunny on observation but he is feeding and drinking well and truly looking fine but we all know parrots will hide there illness. My vet wants updating tomorrow.

Top Bottom