Wednesday 15th January

Michael Reynolds

Good morning every one, weather yesterday and during the night was terrible, birds have been up until the early hours but so far they are all quiet except Poppy whom is demanding my attention. will be giving my self plenty of extra time to get to the hospital as the roads I travel on are mainly through country lanes so I am expecting floods and trees and branches down along the way, its still not too good out now but the wind has died down quite a bit but still raining, have a good day every one and stay safe

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone

I hope all goes well for you at the hospital today Michael also that you have a safe and easy journey there and back.

Still a wet and blustery one here. Typical as I have the hairdressers to go to today!

Michael Reynolds

What are they going to style your hair like, are you going for a more natural look that seams to be the fashion at the moment? you know the wet and wind swept look Ha Ha

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Morning everyone, its mental with three birds out !!! However bilbo who is very chilled but fairly antisocial has obviously got a soft spot for holly as he let's her land on his cage and get within 30cm of him. Luna is staying clear and just wanting 1 on 1 so I make lots of time for her when the other two are away. Holly has come on amazingly over the last few days and is into everything including a good head scratch.received_495064144347133.jpegreceived_781906962312090.jpegreceived_1474426129387719.jpegreceived_469449783660217.jpeg

dianaT

Staff member
That is good to hear, and what lovely photos, really smashing birds, maybe Holly is trying to help Holly with the paperwork there.:) Hope that Luna does not beak the top of your unit - their beaks seem to like wood!

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Lovely photos of the clan, poem biters unite! Hope your appointment goes well Michael. The windswept look is popular here too, I think that's why a lot of French women here have very short hair. Unusually for our little valley it is pretty windy today, and the shutters keep swinging, but not cold and no rain. Hope everyone stays safe and well.

Michael Reynolds

Ok Back from East Grinstead, After putty in my nose and a cast done of most of my face, I will have to go back next week for the first of three fittings. Roads are very bad after two nights and days of storms and bad winds , trees and branches down Roads closed , and roads flooded, some places in Kent have no electricity including Maidstone. I am glad I allowed an extra hour on top of what normally is an hour journey

Eddie

It hasn’t been too bad here in the Midlands! Can’t believe you have some new rivers to negotiate Michael!
Hope the new hairdo survives whatever nature throws at it today.
Only 2 more days of catching Eddie after tonight! I can’t wait as she is obviously starting to feel better and is putting up a very good fight at being caught. I think she would be brilliant on a rugby field, the way she can dodge a towel is pretty amazing. At least now I can remain calm.
last full dat at work with my band so can spend a bit more time at home with my fluffy feathered friend and hairy hound dogs xx

Ararajuba

Looks like pretty rough weather over in the UK! Here it's scorching hot and the rains have temporarily ceased. The temperature was 35° in the sun according to the roadside indicator when we went to the shops the other day - and that was about 10 AM, so it probably got up to the high 30s at least by afternoon. Not much we can really do when it's like this except hide inside as much as possible to avoid the sun till evening (when we get swarmed with mosquitos, of course).

I managed to put up a ceiling clothes drier in the laundry room for wife yesterday at the cost of much sweating and fraying of tempers, which was enough for me. It didn't help that our ceiling is unusually high, and I didn't have a suitable drill bit for going through extremely hard tiles because even though I had asked wife to order one of the right size last week, she thought we had one already so didn't bother, which I only discovered when the time came to actually do the work. She then insisted that she wanted the hanger put in a place where I would have had to drill the hole to support one corner into the light fitting if the thing had actually been put straight! It's a bit lopsided now due to my unwillingness to drill into light fittings, but I suppose it will do.

I want to finish my massive workbench (2.2 x 0.80 x 0.80 metres) which is under construction upstairs, but I may need an extra pair of hands to help hold the frame together while assembling, besides which the plastic roof tiles that Dodgy Builder used up there trap the heat of the currently ferocious sun, so it's even hotter up there than elsewhere at present. Probably not a good idea to mess around with power tools and sharp objects when the temperature is 40 or more, especially if you want to do a good job. Looks like the harp plans and book I bought recently are going to make it through customs soon with only token import tax, anyway (it's always a bit of a lottery here) so I might be able to start my girl's "Pink Harp" before too long once the bench is finished, besides all the other jobs that need doing round here. Only just over a month till her birthday - I can't believe she's nearly three already!

Top Bottom