1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wednesday 13th September

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Its a wet morning here with steady rain coming down. Hehe, I will leave what i've just typed but I suppose the rain would'nt go up anyway. Ah well, I will try to be sensible now. It is forecast to be a wetish day but nothing major and only light winds.

The birds are quiet, I hope they stay like that and get something close to the kind of sleep they should have. I always check them each morning to see if they are puffed up which could be a sign of being cold but have never seen that in either of them.

Yesterday was a fair day, quite a lot of sun and I god a machine load of washing done, dried and put away. I am starting to winterise the van now. Rads have been bled, skirting checked and I would like to buy a roll of the special foil to put behind the rads that is supposed to help prevent heat going out of the back. I've never used that before and wonder if any members have. Is it any good or is it a bit of a gimmick? I've pulled up more carrots and still got plenty of spuds and want to make a hotpot this week.

Have a Great Wednesday Everyone and stay safe, dry and warm,

Cheers

Nigel

2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning Nigel and all who follow. hope everyone is safe.

Yes Nigel, we used some of that foil foam stuff at a previous house, as the lounge and main bedroom were in a bay window and the top bit had hanging tiles on and wasn't well insulated (despite being a new build) and it does help reflect the heat back into the room, rather than out through the walls.

It is fine here at the moment, but showers forecast and still a howling wind until later this afternoon.

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, well the storm passed by and no damage done here thankfully, I heard on the news gust up to 75mph were off St. Annes Head though (a very exposed area). it is raining hard at the moment.

I hope everyone is safe and property and of course birdies and all creatures are too.

Am off to hairdressers this morning, last time I went I had to dry it myself as the poor girl got called to hospital as her dad was seriously ill he has since died, I am pleased she didn't stop to finish me as she wanted to. I dried it without it being cut while she tidied up and closed shop.

Daughter in Kent is recovering in hospital after massive op, quite poorly so am worried about her and it will be a long recovery.

Take care folks.

4. TomsMum

Wishing your daughter all the very best Di :emoji_bouquet: x

dianaT likes this.
  5. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

I wish your daughter a good recovery @dianaT and even if it might take longer than wanted so long as the recovery completes that is the main thing.

6. dianaT

Thank you. As far as I know she's allowed home today, shame I cannot go & help it being 300 miles from here. Apparently 8-12 week recovery!
    I am going doolally (no comments !) just said to hubby I must get some milk sissel theeds. Thing is he knew what I meant.

7. Beaky

Beaky Regular Member

Any way as I was saying......!! not been on here for ages as have been under the doctor for memory loss,
    I have been going to bed each night and forgetting to go to sleep..ha ha he he, ho ho the old ones are the best and they don't come any older that that old chestnut
    Well a few weeks ago we had a call from some people we know that they have paid for a two week holiday in Polruan Cornwall in a cottage and can no longer go due to a serious family illness free of charge to us, we mentioned a family would be better suited but it was only 48 hours notice and no one to make it. Well I agreed to take up their kind offer on condition they paid for our petrol there and back [just kidding, I didn't really say that and Eileen said only I could have even thought about it], Anyway way we went and said that if they found someone the 2nd week we would vacate but we were able to stay the whole time, bonus.. since then we have been away with dau and family to Beer in Devon a lil cove very quiet and pleasant then, when back i started needing to go pee all the time even when i had just had one and feeling really tired, couldn't shake it off so went to docs really anxious about the dreaded prostate possibility.I took a wee sample and gave me some antibiotics saying that if the wee was clear then they would have to look at other things gulp !! I had to give up on the antibiotics after 5 days as my stomach was feeling awful, they were specific to renal problems.. Good news my pee problem went away and I am feeling progressively stronger, By coincidence my annual MOT blood tests etc were due so had those yesterday and will get results Friday, but feeling confident about those now fingers crossed, After last years tests the doc talked to me about Statins [am 72] but on balance decided against them [I don't take any kind of medication] but no doubt we will have the same conversation, will see what the blood pressure/cholesterol readings are am open minded about them but I know that once your on them your on them forever. So heer I am missed the banter on here and all of you nice folks and will eb around on here fro a while now [off the Spain fro 12 days from 22nd] Runner beans have been awesome, frozen down enough for over winter and have been giving away to all and sundry together with tomatoes from greenhouse. spuds are all in and in spud sacks and will be sowing Aquadulce broad beans in early October. The thornless blackberry has done well and has sent out a nine meter runner for next years crop [can hardly believe how long it has grown have trained it all along the fencing.. Have been picking very large autumn raspberries since early August and they are still cropping This is their first full cropping year and really wish i had made a note of the variety, will have to propagate from shoots.
    That is all for now folks good to be back and catch up with you all..

dianaT likes this.
  8. dianaT

Welcome back! We have missed you . Sorry to hear about the folk you know having family illness but it was great you were able to take up the holiday cottage and by the sound of it had a nice time too. Thank goodness your widdling problem is better now and hopefully your MOT to prove all clear on everything. We have had runner beans coming out of our ears (did go to GP with blocked ear but she said it was wax!). I used my nifty bean slicer and have many portions frozen.
    So, you will be going AWOL again shortly, although you have given us advance warning!
    How is birdie & where is he living for now!!!

9. TomsMum

Glad to have you back on board @Beaky ....
    If you have to have antibiotics again and they upset your tummy, have some bio yogurt (has to be bio) before you take them.....they will help protect stomach lining from the antibiotics.

Heather2131 likes this.
  10. Beaky

Beaky Regular Member

Thanks so much Diana and TomsMum.. OMG forgot about Tally, too full of myself! Yes Tally went to next door neighbours and will be going to Daughter on 20th, tally has become quite nomadic but enjoys it, she is so child out, she is back with us, Told the neighbour about our next trip and were disappointed to hear the dau is having her.I am so much more relaxed about leaving her it seems to be an added dimension to her life although she does enjoy being back here and free to fly and poop over everything grrrr love her really, and now barks like next doors westie..
    Yes we had a been slicer once and we have been talking about getting another one, we have been racing each other on slicing the most but Eileen is more dextrous then me and beats me hands down but my defence is that she has the best knife ! The runners are still cropping as fast as ever and we continue to pick them but i suspect the last picking before we go away will be the last as we not back until 4th Oct.. I seem to recall the slicer we had before you pulled the bean through it not sure if they are now more modern will check them out on the nett.. Data roaming is now free in Europe now so I can continue to post from Spain as i have 1 GB per month of data under my contract.
    See ya ! keep well everyone and fingers crossed for your daughter's full and speedy recover Diana

dianaT likes this.
  11. Clinton

Clinton Regular Member

afternoon all

been a busy morning people in and out Sammy loves new people he climbed all over them and if they have tassels lives for biting them
    he def has a problem with hands, arms and all other appendages are no problem he will come to you and play just dont try to touch him
    Nugget seems to like being threatened and bitten by Sammy she keeps going to him and his perch where she is met with the wrath of Sammy
    lol she just won't give up . been told Sammy was alone for 8 years so no wonder why is like he is poor dood been alone for so long
    Nugget just loves his cage so i will leave her there with him although Sammy has to eat quick as thats her side lol
    the lincolns are fine have removed the door from the box hope they go in it where the heater is for them to enjoy
    got to go do some work
    have a great Day

@dianaT Please send my best wishes for the quick recovery of your daughter and is my prayers

Ciao

dianaT likes this.
  12. dianaT

Well daughter is home they sent her out this morning! Needless to say she is in bed.

Herbie (my car) is playing up central locking jammed yet again and the only door that would open was front passenger, so I had to get in there and climb into drivers seat !

Hubby was in all morning waiting for Hermes delivery, then I got message saying Failed Delivery! They never even came here, needless to say I am not pleased.

13. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

O I reckon your Daughter is glad to be home Diana= at least she can rest properly at home. hospitals are poor places to get any sleep. worst part over .
    quiet here, v tired & kept dozing off all afternoon much to Sophie's fury. she does not like me sleeping and after just a few minutes starts shouting until I move,

dianaT likes this.
  14. dianaT

Yes she is pleased to be back home although in a lot of discomfort, it was not a pleasant 'ladies op' !
    Am researching best cages to buy for my Sennies as new ones are needed. At the moment the Rainforest Bolivia is favourite.

15. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Evening all
    Might have known today was the 13th :(
    Been a tad busy elsewhere the last week or so, unfortunately it took over my time I normally blip in to here and I have sorely missed reading what everybody has been up to.
    Well today went to the dentist ...... went to have a a plate fitted fora tooth I smashed had the tooth leave what seems like ages ago so all healed great ready for today.
    Can only say :yikes::yikes::eek::emoji_poop:!!!
    Went without tooth ache never realised they had intended to take out the tooth next to the one I broke as it got damaged apparently and now have mind blowing missing-tooth ache, sore jaw, throbbing headache .... eating pain killers like smarties and have decided I am never going to eat again! FECK ME!!!!
    Insult to injury is always the fact we have to pay for such pain to be inflicted!! GEEZE LOUISE!!!

Should have known everything would not go to plan ..... :rolleyes:
    Went to see my dentist at the practise ..... sorry he's gone home to south africa, your going to see his replacement, OK fine. See him no issue and he says see you two weeks time for this plate thing ..... Heads to dentist last week gets phone call he's phoned in sick sorry you will have to come back next week .... which was today. Receptionist comes and sits next to me (never a good sign!) Ok the dentist that I was going to see isn't there I have to see another dentist ..... I don't do strangers .... so after panic mode, shaking etc and practically bursting into tears .... new dentist ...... AGAIN! I didn't realise what was going on until he started injecting my gum and I plucked up enough courage to ask why! Which is the point I found out I was loosing a tooth I didn't know I would be loosing especially as until that moment there was zero pain etc ...... :BangHead:
    Think he was a bit stunned that I didn't know what was planned .....:watchout:
    Anyways he wants me to go back ...... on the 27th ...... wants to give me a proper bite structure ..... guess what that entails!!!! :copas::copas:
    I may leave the country .... I am sure I can feel some major and very rare illness about to strike like "purple polka dot spotty hide from additional jaw ache disease" coming on .... which may last fora loooooong time!!!

16. dianaT

Omg nightmare, I hate the dentist with passion. Could never understand why anyone would want to be one either.
    It should have been properly explained to you in the first place.

Any got a spare set of dentures they can donate to you!

17. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

I feel your pain. I shake that much it upsets dentist ( they are never happy when see the long list if drugs I'm on either lol) I went last week for first time in a few years and now have to save over £230 before go back as apparently need crown redoing. all that money to be in tótal terror!
    does not help I have weak teeth, no matter what I do they chip, thin, loose enamel / its true what they say.... if you
    want good health/ good teeth choose your parents with care.

TomsMum likes this.