1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wednesday 13th March

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wendy Cooper-Wolfe, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Morning all, Chilly and wet to start with and sunny now, but still cold. However it will soon warm up a bit and the trees are coming into leaf. I hope everyone is feeling better - its true that what you eat affects how you feel Nigel but those cream eggs are hard to resist!
    Have a good day.

2. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning Wendy et tout à suivre

I was up much earlier but after tending the birds I laid down for a further half hour and 2 hours later I woke again, jeez, whats it coming to. The weather is good and there should be plenty of sun for much of the day. There was a lot of rain through the night and the wind was horrendous.

Both birds are fine and eating their toast like there is no tomorrow. I might have Nacho out there for a short while and he can then get a misting. I have just thought, I wonder if I can position Roxy in such a way where he can see Nacho out there and how much he enjoys it. I have noticed in the last few days that there are some Goldfinches taking my Niger seeds, such a colourful bird.

It another day where I dont feel 100%. Dont get me wrong, I dont feel too bad its just my eating in the evening is utterly stupid and then I wake up and wonder why I feel bloated. I have a hastily arranged appointment at the health centre at midday. The want to take blood samples with a view of cutting all or at least some of my diabetes meds. I am also looking to get an inhaler for a temporary measure until my right lung repairs. When I get home again there is some tidying up to be done both in and outdoors and then its doors licked, windows closed and out of cage time for the birds who are so very good. I promise there will be no snacks around like Quavers, Wotsits or Hoola Hoops. I had 12 small packets yesterday and am totally ashamed. I have Yoghurts, Actimel, Lettuce, Cherry tomatoes, Salmon, fresh fruit juice etc in the fridge and there's me eating this crap which I dont need. Christ, am I trying to make myself ill again? Sorry about me putting these things on the forum but I am ashamed and want the world to know.

Have a Great Wednesday Everyone and to all the poorly ones I pray you soon repair and get better.

Cheers

Nigel

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe likes this.
  3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning folks......hope everyone is Ok with Storm Gareth...the wind continues to howl here.

@Nigalius ...have you thought of doing a weekly menu plan...I know it sounds a bit tedious, but it might help you focus on eating better, it’s not something I’ve done in the past, but it’s the only way I can manage whilst I’m having treatment, I can plan cooking fresh on days when I know I will have enough energy, know what I have in the fridge/freezer as quick stuff to cook, and I also bulk cook and freeze things like bolognaise which can then be made into lasagne, chilli, etc.

plumsmum, Ozzys owner and dianaT like this.
  4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning Wendy. Nigel and everyone, what a cold, sunny but really windy morning here. Never happy with the weather are we, or with Brexit what a mess, has any one noticed how Boris has preened himself up - perhaps he feels there is a vacancy coming along!

Good idea from Tomsmum re you making a weekly menu plan Nigel, also do not buy the things you should not eat then you are not tempted to go to the cupboard for them!

Ozzys owner and TomsMum like this.
  5. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning all
    I have the stinking cold from hell if anybody wants it its free to good home ...actually any home other than this one!
    Dentist this afternoon … wonder if they want me cold? Have a red hooter tooter and its flowing like a flipping river YACK!!!
    Flock are all well although Tuppy has a cold … sounds like mine from a couple of years ago... I cough she coughs I sneeze she sneezes :watchout: bad enough having the stupid thing without having the micky taken out of me by a cheeky african grey who thinks is smart to mimic me! :copas:
    Hope nobody has sustained damage with this storm throwing itself around. Looks to have been quite a few trees taken a hit probably would have been more if there was a canopy to them at the moment.
    Take care and have a snot free day :thumbsup:

6. Ozzys owner

Ozzys owner Regular Member Registered

Aww, poor you, get better soon

7. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Afternoon all, do get rid of that cold quick @DizzyBlue! Been busy making a mash and a chop for the birdies this morning. Hard work with four here atm, have Arthur for his jollies at the moment. Lou went to bed with Rubes no probs but then an hour or so later hear her foghorn calling me. She must have felt a bit short changed as a short while out running up and down the sofa and a little cuddle did the trick and back to bed no probs. Just been sitting here listening to Arthur in the other room, contentedly making farty noises to himself. (I blame his Dad!) :)
    It is still windy with intermittent showers and sun here. Hope you all have a good day :)

8. DizzyBlue

Evening all
    Well the dentist visit was a bit of a shock to the system … now have another four to go too :yikes::yikes: one in every week of the month of April :copas: WTF!
    Filling one week, cleaning another, extraction another and think the last is just to finish off my mental breakdown from the first three!! :nut:
    Just on with double glazing appointments :BangHead: another WTF moment!!

Worst conversation so far …. Starts with one of those tape recordings saying the tape the conversations for training purposes....
    Me: Hello can I make an appointment for somebody for a visit and get a quote?
    Them: no problem address please?
    Me gives information
    Them: and the surname?
    Me: No Problem its Miss XXXX
    Them: Are you the owner?
    Me: Yes
    Them: Do you rent?
    Me: No am the owner
    Them: And are your the only house holder?
    Them: And your husbands name?
    Me: No I am the owner its my home.
    Them Oh sorry what's your partners name?
    Me: Your you flipping listening???
    Them Sorry so you live alone and are single?
    Them: So it would be yourself purchasing the windows?
    Me: Unless you wish to volunteer yes!!!
    Them: We can come tonight we're available until 10pm
    Me: Well I am not! So what appointment times do you have available?
    Then: When do you want us to come and I will have a look.
    Me How about Monday next week?
    Them: No problem first thing 10am we will ring to confirm we are on our way. Will both yourself and your husband or partner be at the appointment?
    Me I paused for a minute before answering..... You know the message at a the beginning of this phone call that says you tape things?
    Them: Oh yes we use it for training purposes. He says very jovial.
    Me: Great replay it later and listen to what I said earlier in response to your questions.
    Them: Sorry I don't understand?
    Me: I give up! Right just to confirm its Monday 10am next week.
    Them: if we have an earlier appointment shall we ring you and pop down?
    Me: No bye!
    :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

This does not bode well.... :copas::copas:

plumsmum, Nigalius, Ararajuba and 2 others like this.
  9. dianaT

10. DizzyBlue

:emoji_face_palm: and to think I only have another 3 glazing appointments to make not sure I will remain sane by the end of it all
    One thing though I am going to lay money on the fact that none of them have been to a household run by parrots that are going to ensure they know they are not welcome and trying to shout over the top of them all the time :D

11. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

That made me laugh Tasha well I can see you answering the door and the salesman asking you if your husband is in. well just pass your cold to him and shut the door quickly

dianaT likes this.
  12. Ararajuba

Ararajuba Regular Member

@DizzyBlue - I'm uncomfortably reminded of the wonderful conversation I had with my bank last week. It's like these robo-operatives have a high enouh IQ to be able to keep reading to the customer off the same stupid script, but a low enough IQ that any answer given out of order (or involving any kind of joke or indirect response that you would expect most normal humans to understand and respond to appropriately) completely scrambles what passes for their brains. I suppose it provides jobs for those who wouldn't be able to do much else (judging by the evidence). What worries me is that if they are UK based they might be earning more than I am!

dianaT likes this.
  13. DizzyBlue

@Ararajuba unfortunately they are uk based! Sound about old enough to have just gotten out of nappies and put down their baby rattles!
    I try to stay away from those auto response robots you get on the phone unless I am not at home … problem is as I start answering the questions there are 5 very vocal chatty parrots that start shouting random words and it just scrambles the brains of the auto response machine... :D

dianaT, Ararajuba and TomsMum like this.
  14. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Yes Tasha and that's because your parrots speak more sense than the intelligence of the auto brain can understand

dianaT likes this.
  15. dianaT

Choose one parrot and introduce him as your hubby !:naughty2:

DizzyBlue likes this.
  16. DizzyBlue

I am banking on the birds ensuring that whoever turns up to quote won't wish to stay longer than totally necessary
    Have heard about these salesmen doing their hard sell thing by staying hours :yikes: here it will be simple …. release the killer amazon boys who are in full hormonal breeding mode at the moment :biggrin:

:watchout: wonder if anybody has ever been put on trial for murdering somebody using a parrot as a weapon :thinking:

plumsmum and dianaT like this.