1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wednesday 13th June

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dianaT, Jun 13, 2018.

1. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone

Sunny yet again this morning but heavy rain forecast later & overnight.
    Off to hairdressers this morning so must get a move on.
    Have a good day folks.

2. Beaky

Beaky Regular Member

Morning all, a bit overca.st this morning and possible rain later and tomorrow.
    We are doing our bi annual hedge cutting today, pretty much all privet so not too difficult, Will take about an hour, bag it all up and take it to the tip after lunch, After that collect the downpipe diverter from Screwfix and on to B&Q for the water butt, hopefully will get it installed by end of afternoon, ready for rains.
    Went to Wethers last night, it was steak night so a steak and a free pint was in order.
    That's all folks, hope you all have a good day.

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Lol, have copied to the other todays post but not merged it properly cannot remember how to! Sorry - hopefully Admin/other mods will be along & sort it out properly.
    I need refresher course!!:risas3::nut: @TomsMum @Admin

Beaky and TomsMum like this.
  4. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Hope I have put this post in the right one. I see there is a double today, the kind of thing I do sometimes.

Its a mild morning and might have some sun later but tonight and tomorrow its going to be very very windy. The forecast is giving gusts up to 59mph from SW - W. I have a limited amount of protection from those directions and I hope its enough.

Birds are in fine voice and had their pine nuts and toast.

I have a hospital appointment at Dundee today and not looking forward to it. My anxiety is really high at the moment but I have a feeling its going to be getting better when I have been on the meds for a while and also see the psychologist late July. But its not a physical thing thank god. The worst thing about this is the loss of appetite.

Have a Great Wednesday Everyone

Cheers

Nigel

5. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

This little Coal Tit that has been visiting me is still doing that and does the same thing. Its nest cant be far as it returns every minute or so. I have a good wild bird food outside and this tit is only interested in the black sunflower seeds. Its the same every time, will get one in its beak, go to the standing perch place the seed under a foot and beak away at it like crazy until it breaks to take the seed out. Then, it will pick out another seed and fly off. What a strange ritual, perhaps the first seed that he breaks is for its own consumption and the 2nd that it flies off with is for young in the nest. Its just good to watch it all.

Beaky likes this.
  6. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Morning everyone...
    It feels very weird here without Becky, I'm not sure how much Daisy understands, I think shes waiting for Becky to come home.

When we lost Amber, Becky was shaking when we went to put her in the car to go for a walk, I think she thought we were going to take her away like we did with Amber.
    They just dont seem to understand death I dont think.
    Im worried with how she'll cope, it doesnt seem right leaving her on her own, shes such a sensitive dog and already gets seperation anxiety.

I swapped toys around in the birds cages, gave Archie a big toy from Phoebe's and a foraging pineapple thing from Archies cage to Phoebe.
    I gave them those ones thinking they'd like them the best, I was wrong! Neither would touch them and both wanted the other, so now they're swapped they are destroying them!

Beaky likes this.