Wednesday 13th January

Beaky

Morning all, yesterday was sunny warm and dry, even spring like then overnight the rain came and is forecast to continue all day through tomorrow here too,
I think i have a bit or a cold comming, will not go in shed today for first time in about 6 weeks. but the lathe has kept me from terminal cabin fever...
Good news that Michael looks like he is comming home today, I bet he misses his beloved birds.
Well I have the log stove on and youtube to watch, wood turning, scare cams, Laurel and Hardy clips , they still make be laugh out loud.
Eileen is knitting a teddy bear and cardigan for coming g/dau so we managing to keep sane in lockdown for now.
Have struggled to get a delivery this week for first in ages but have got a click & collect for Saturday from Tesco, it means going out but we dont have to enter the store.
Stay safe folkls

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning @Beaky and everyone, it's been pouring in rain here so a very damp day. Sorry to hear you couldn't get a home delivery, I have one coming tomorrow but in the past have also done click & collect and as you say there is no contact and you do not go into the store, we found that went very smoothly, and to be honest was nice to get ou!!
Hope your cold soon eases.

Fingers crossed all is going okay for Michael and I am sure
he will let us know when he can.

Just trying to order a replacement/spare sofa throw but they are either too big or too small I guess best too big it can be folded over then or tack stitched up. I best move as had planned to make lemon sponge and no where near starting it yet.

Last edited:

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Afternoon all,
Good to hear that Michael should be going home - then he needs to be sure to take it easy!
Damp and dull but not too cold here, made marmalade from excess citrus yesterday, Dora stuffed her little tum with soaked chickpeas then greedy little thing snaffled a piece of noodle - too full to eat it but sat like a little gnome with a fishing rod :D.
Had a letter from an elderly friend yesterday saying her TV had packed up - she lives in a nursing hoome and they wont allow visitors so she cant get it fixed - Im going to try phoning later to see if it is fixable or I will offer to buy her one off the interweb - I think I owe her the cost of a TV in payment for all the mugs of tea and warm evenings she provided me in the 1970s and 80s!
Take good care folks
fishing gnome.jpg

Lauraj

Good afternoon all!

very dull cold and raining here in West Yorkshire. Last two days off from work so spending as much time with the birds as possible before im back to lates 😫 hate leaving the birds but work is keeping me sane! Although it’s a very strange time to police during these covid times.

Spent the afternoon chasing the parrot round the living room, Bo’s new favourite game. I hide and either me or my boyfriend will say go find mum and he runs round like a mad bird to find me, when he does he jumps and runs so fast for me to follow him 😂
It’s all fun and games until after an hour of crawling round chasing a parrot and him chasing me, my neck and knees are hurting haha! Called Bo stinky the other morning during his bath and now he shouts ‘mum, stinky!’ which is nice.
He is full of encouragement today, when he learns something new i say you can do it! So all day he has been dancing and then saying you can do it mum, so the morning has been dancing with my grey bundle of feathers and then chasing him round and the afternoon. My poor new neighbours must think i am crazy!

Glad to hear Micheal is okay and due home today, also a lovely picture of Dora fishing! 😂

Take care and stay safe all! X

KateA

Good morning @Beaky and everyone, it's been pouring in rain here so a very damp day. Sorry to hear you couldn't get a home delivery, I have one coming tomorrow but in the past have also done click & collect and as you say there is no contact and you do not go into the store, we found that went very smoothly, and to be honest was nice to get ou!!
Hope your cold soon eases.

Fingers crossed all is going okay for Michael and I am he will let us know when he can.

Just trying to order a replacement/spare sofa throw but they are either too big or too small I guess best too big it can be folded over then or tack stitched up. I best move as had planned to make lemon sponge and no where near starting it yet.
Ooh yummy. Could I ask for the recipe pretty s 😍🤩 my Rob would love it.

dianaT

Staff member
@KateA

Lemon Sponge

6oz caster sugar
6oz Self raising flour
6oz soft Stork or any soft spread
3 eggs
grated rind of lemon & squirt of the juice

Heat oven I use Elec fan oven 200
Line and prepare either 2 sponge tins (I use 6in ones) or a loaf tin
Beat all together, spoon into loaf tin or the 2 sponge tins and bake for approx 20-25mins for sponge tins or 35mins or thereabouts if in loaf tin. On middle shelf. Test the middle with a skewer to make sure cooked.
You can make butter icing for the sponge or ordinary soft icing for the loaf one adding lemon juice.

Enjoy.

I have to say the loaf one I made today turned out exceptionally well and we had to have 2 slices each with a cuppa this afternoon - just to make sure!

Last edited:

KateA

@KateA

Lemon Sponge

6oz caster sugar
6oz Self raising flour
6oz soft Stork or any soft spread
3 eggs
grated rind of lemon & squirt of the juice

Heat oven I use Elec fan oven 200
Line and prepare either 2 sponge tins (I use 6in ones) or a loaf tin
Beat all together, spoon into loaf tin or the 2 sponge tins and bake for approx 20-25mins for sponge tins or 35mins or thereabouts if in loaf tin. On middle shelf. Test the middle with a skewer to make sure cooked.
You can make butter icing for the sponge or ordinary soft icing for the loaf one adding lemon juice.

Enjoy.

I hae to say the loaf one I made today turned out exceptionally well and we had to have 2 slices each with a cuppa this afternoon - just to make sure!
Thank u.
U like to bake. I recently saw a lovely looking cake recipe in a magazine. At some point I will definitely do it. I'm drooling just looking at it.Screenshot_20210113-180554.jpg

Top Bottom