1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wednesday 11th July

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sarah-Jane, Jul 11, 2018 at 5:44 AM.

1. Sarah-Jane

Sarah-Jane Alice in Parrotland Regular Member

Morning everyone,

It looks as though it’s going to be a dull and cloudy day here today. At least it will be a lot cooler though.

I’ve been awake since 5 o clock. Neal got up to go to the gym so he doesn’t have to go later when the football is on. I got up to use the loo and now I can’t get back to sleep. Also had an awful dream about the birds which was quite disturbing :(
    I’m going to be tired later!

Birds are all still asleep so won’t disturb them yet. Only 8 working days to until the summer hols- I cannot wait! This production is draining.

Hope you all have a good day x

Yellowchickenparrot likes this.
  2. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

OOOOPS, I nearly forgot and called it Tescoday 16th July. You can tell I am excited can't you. :biggrin:

Morning Sarah-Jane and all to follow

Its been a still night here, not a sound, its so peaceful like that and so much better than when I lived in London. The cast is showing for light cloud and not much sun. HOORAYYY :applaudit:

The birds have had their nuts while I went in there to make my coffee and I think I might have the travel cage outside today which will please Nacho. He will get his fine spray from the hose which he loves then can dry up out there.

I will be getting my huge Tesco delivery today between 11.00 and 15.00 just hope all the frozen things go in the freezers. Trouble is the things I have ordered that dont come in rectangular packing but round instead. When you are strapped for space it is so hard to pack round things so close together. Then I think I will get a machine ful of washing ready for the next sunny day and tidy up anything outside.

Have a Great Wednesday Everyone

Cheers

Nigel

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, a cloudy and cooler day here, but...no rain forecast.
    We take my car in to the garage later in readiness for its service tomorrow - fingers crossed they do not find lots of expensive things need repairing or replacing.
    I removed your other thread Nigel as requested and the one above which was blank!
    @Sarah-Jane our naughty dogs keep waking around 5-5.30am full of beans and ready to play but enough is enough this morning I came down 5.30 and really told them off and sent them to their beds, they went quiet but then hubby got up 5.45am anyway, I cannot win!

Enjoy they day folks.

4. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Thanks for that @dianaT

I should explain why I occasionally send a blank message. That is because if a post is typed out and sent and then for some reason I want to delete it it is not allowed. I go into 'edit' and delete all text and it still asks me to type something so I just put in a full stop and that does the job. Thanks for deleting that one as well.

dianaT likes this.
  5. Sarah-Jane

Sarah-Jane Alice in Parrotland Regular Member

Oh Di, I don't know how you do it!
    I'm not a morning person unfortunately, I did go back to sleep for a bit this morning and got up at 7!
    Luckily, I live next door to the school, so I don't have far to go :emoji_joy:

6. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Having stress about this cage.
    The manufacturers, despite their "guarantee" and wanting customer satisfaction - have ignored my two messages about the damage. So I got onto Amazon. They're sending a replacement tomorrow and I have to take out the bits I want and then send the rest back. I also have to arrange a courier myself (which I have never done). DPD, who delivered it, won't pick it up and return it as they say it is too heavy. So it's going to cost £27 from some other courier, to return the damaged one and hopefully I will get a refund.
    Also, I have no printer to print the return label.
    If the second one turns up damaged - Ri will be living in a cardboard box.

Hope everyone is having a peaceful day. x

7. dianaT

8. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Yeah @dianaT that'll teach me for going with style over substance :emoji_disappointed:.
    I do like this cage though - so hopefully it will get sorted. Just my meds make it hard for me to understand things sometimes (I call them my stupid pills) so things seem huge to me, when in fact they are probably just an inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. Hope all is ok with you. x

9. dianaT

Well it is very annoying when things go wrong and in this case the cage damaged.
    Okay here thanks, took my car in today for its service tomorrow so hoping it will not be too expensive.
    Dogs still wake early ! The window cleaner has just arrived so have had to close all windows & doors and it is hot!
    Thanks for asking xx

Rain likes this.
  10. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Fingers crossed for your car's service to go well. x

dianaT likes this.
  11. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

I was of the understanding that I’d pf a Product is faulty, then it is the suppliers responsibility to provide the solution, either replacement or refund, and up to them to pay for return of faulty goods not the buyer. Amazon always tend to make things a grey area.....although you purchase through them u less the product is supplied and shipped by amazon themselves they won’t do anything....so when you use amazon, always make sure you know whether you are buying from them directly...or buying from one of their marketplace retailers.

Rain likes this.
  12. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Dont worry @Rain id be stressed and fed up too, I hate sending things back, too complicated and annoying...

Hope amazon makes it easier for you, I know with ebay they always go on the buyers side and you get refunded if the seller wont help you, hopefully amazon is the same

Rain likes this.
  13. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Yeah, I did ask them if they would be able to arrange the courier but they said no. They are selling the product on behalf of the buyer apparently. Though heavens knows why DPD can deliver it but not return it because of the weight. Ah well, it's a new experience for me, at least. ;)

My daughter came round and went down the library for me, and printed a returns label though - so that's one problem solved.

14. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I do hope you can get the cage sorted Rain. there is nothing that frustrates me more than receiving damaged goods that I have paid good monies for.

Rain likes this.
  15. Rain

Rain Regular Member

Thanks Michael. It wasn't cheap either - all my bills have had to go on hold.
    I know it'll get sorted - just can't wait for Ri to have a new cage. :)

16. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Evening all, hope you eventually had a good day? Mine started Ok and went down hill. Phoned a dear friend adn received news that she has cancer. She has the lesser patagonian conure, Bemji. He will need a new home in the not too distant future, she asked me but two is definitely enough on a FT basis and three when Arthur comes for his hols. I feel rubbish for declining even though I have a fair idea it wouldnt work. Gonna help clean his cage in the interim as it is too much. Was so peed off cleared off into the garden and found another deceased baby blackbird, intact so suspect it was hunger or heat. That is two babies in 3/4 weeks, such a shame the parents work so hard to rear their young ones. Oh well tomorrow is another day ... night all

17. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

So Sorry for the sad news you have received from your friend my thoughts are with you and your friend and her family.

plumsmum likes this.
  18. Rain

Rain Regular Member

So sorry to hear about your friend. Please don't feel bad for saying you can't take her bird - you can only do so much.
    I have given my daughter this website and my details on here, in case my health deteriorates to the point I can no longer give Ri what he needs, or if I'm no longer around ..... so he can find someone new to love him and someone who has all his background story. But I still realise that people have their own birds, and it may not be possible to re-home him with those I trust. So I'm sure your friend understands. x

JessCheekyMia and plumsmum like this.
  19. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Thank you both @Michael Reynolds and @Rain, 2018 is turning out to be the year that keeps on giving. Not just ourselves but others also and they are sent postive thoughts and good wishes that the future holds better?

20. dianaT

Sorry to hear about your friend, very sad and a worry for her too. Maybe in due course members on here may be able to help. xx

plumsmum likes this.