1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wednesday 10th April

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Its still dark here but the forecast is showing a rain free day with high cloud and some sun in between. It was good yesterday with plenty of unbroken sun and was a pity I had my appointment with the nurse yesterday am.

Birds are fine and at the moment are asleep. I just wish I could listen to the radio without wearing these bluetooth ear plugs. I got someone to look after Frankie and the birds yesterday but it was not Peter who always lets the birds out however they had plenty of out time when I got home at about 14.30. They make this good kind of noise to welcome me home like a screeching which stops when I have given them some attention. The wild ones have been busy too and yesterday arvo there were several greenies feeding on the Niger seeds.

I have an appointment with Ninewells Hospital today for a Gastroscopy and hope that is the start of the solving of my swallowing problems. But it is not fun having to go to Dundee and then come away without spending some time in Jimmy Chungs. I am very surprised at the price of Corned Beef. After my appointment I went into Tesco for a few things and got 3 of 340g tins and was so surprised that the tins were £2.50 each. I got these tins to make some Stovies at the weekend and at that price they better be good.

Have a Great Wednesday Everyone and to those not !00% relax and get better soon.

Cheers

Nigel

2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning Nigel and all who follow
    Corned beef is indeed very expensive these days once upon a time it was one of those things that were the cheapest going just like spam and pork luncheon meat. Very odd how things have altered.
    Cold here and cloudy with sporadic glimpses of sunshine. Birds are up and very very vocal ….. not sure what all that's about but doing lots of calls that seem to be like the old trim phone rings although P tells me he isn't walking alone …. he flipping well will if he keeps singing that song all day!
    Dentist again today :( 11am sooooooo don't want to go to that appointment but compared to what others are going through its a flipping walk in the park and I need to stop being a flipping wuss!
    Can't wait to see how many fluffy cotton wool balls are dashing around in the Yellowchickenparrot household today :) those quail are seriously cute dudes!!
    Right must get on have some online orders to do, birdies to annoy, might go annoy the ginger garage cat by informing him shortly that radiator that he loves to hug in the kitchen will be switched off for the rest of the year :naughty2: oh yes my evil side emerges :lol:
    Whatever your all up to today stay safe and if anybody needs a few hugs throwing their way stand back they're coming at you thick and fast :)

3. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

My thoughts are with you @Nigalius for your hospital appointment, never a pleasant place to be, but needs must.

Looks like a beautiful sunny day is coming here, lets hope instead of the constant damn rain, had enough now, so can not understand why the tap is running slow. One thing is for sure the idiot next door will not be sorting it, far too lazy. (we share the water line)

Every night I say I am not lighting the fire yet every night I do, hate the things, lugging coal, wood, blocks, cleaning the ashes, new house has CH, whooopppee!!

My body seems to be disintegrating, shoulder hurts when I move it, legs are refusing to work, what a mess, I think they are all coming out in protest over my still being here.

4. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Morning everyone. I had forgotten how addictive this forum can be and I'm supposed to be working, so I'd better nip off and do what pays the bills :)

5. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good late morning everyone, busy here, lots going on as some of you know.
    Nice & sunny at the moment so am hoping all the washing dries outside.
    Local grandson is 13 today, no idea where those years have gone.

Kendra likes this.
  6. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Wishing him a very Happy Birthday :ura::emoji_birthday::emoji_tada: @dianaT , and hoping everything goes OK today xx

Nigalius and dianaT like this.
  7. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Afternoon everyone
    Chick is getting big now and growing fast, one minute I'm searching for locals who keep pet chickens to take this one.... next minute I'm googling chicken coops and runs, I'm back and forth constantly, I just love the little thing, I can see how people enjoy keeping them.

Going to relax today then might take the dogs out later again, birds have been out all morning

Have a nice day everyone.

Kendra, Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and dianaT like this.
  8. DizzyBlue

Afternoon all have been to dentist …. I seriously but seriously do not want to fecking play any more
    Another extraction and another tooth shattered so had to have that sorted as well also had three fillings and two teeth had to be ground down straight as have chipped them.
    My face feels like I have be hit with a baseball bat and am feeling generally just plain sorry for myself :(
    @TomsMum do you have a spare cyber hug you can throw this way please just because I need one :(
    Off to take pain killers and dribble like a flipping scent hound since half my face isn't working properly and everything is just doing as it pleases when I think I have had a sip of water and it just dribbles down my chin :( sooooo not a very fetching look!!!

9. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

DizzyBlue likes this.
  10. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Oh dear, I have to say it makes me think if Pam Ayres Poem - I wish I looked After Me Teeth.

Seriously though lets hope pain, dribbles & face ache soon eases :(

11. DizzyBlue

I reabsorbed my bone under my gums a lot of years ago so my teeth are not anchored and move a lot, no amount of brushing would save them in fact have to be careful how hard I brush as they move quite a bit :( wish it just was a case of looking after my teeth. Tried to have them removed about 10 years ago and went to see a surgeon in Budapest about having all of them pulled and posts put in instead but no bone no anchor point, so no can do. :BangHead:

Kendra likes this.
  12. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

@DizzyBlue I read recently that new bone can be attached to the remains of your jaw bone, some sub celebrity had it done and was quite happy with the results. Budapest? shikes, that would frighten me just going there

13. DizzyBlue

Yeah looked into that one too Kendra the use either the short rib from your rib cage or can use a bit of hip bone. But as have broken my nose 5 times and had to have it reconstructed, plus both cheek bones imploded and a broken upper and lower jaw there is too much reconstruction gone on already plus I didn't have that kind of money running around my bank account to go to those lengths. May be when I win the lottery millions :p
    Budapest was stunning I flew over on a Friday night and came back on the Sunday night (kind of a whistle stop tour!) Had the appointment really early on the Saturday morning and spent the rest of the time looking at the architecture did open bus tour and a few other things, did both sides of the river was beautiful, people really friendly no graffiti anywhere and no rubbish anywhere to be seen. Was lovely in the city centre as was full of trees wide roads nothing narrow and I was even stunned by the attention to detail in the rain gullies they were actually ornate scrolls works on the downward bars! Hotel was totally awesome interior glass roof with a huge spiral staircase and the hotel was built around this as a centre piece.
    This is a picture looking out over the city I took, everything spread out and nothing seemed cramped up. Everywhere you looked carvings, sculptures, balconies the works! I loved it :) @Kendra
    I went to Spain (Barcelona) to go and do a Gaudi experience and although the architecture was stunning … that place seriously gave me the desire not to return when it came to humans … that wasn't nice ... even now looking back on it.... too many pick pockets, saw quite a few drive buy handbag snatches, people sleeping on the street begging to get their next drug fix came away from there feeling so sad and morose.... both sides of the coin on display at the same time .... was a bit of an overload for me.
    DSC00094.JPG

Kendra likes this.
  14. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Aw @DizzyBlue sounds like you have had it a bit tough. :emoji_heart_decoration:

Money, yes, everything comes down to money, I had some once, long time ago and it just vanished, but not by me.

Went to Spain on holiday, once. Only time I have been overseas and been robbed, not once but twice in 1 week.

15. DizzyBlue

@Kendra not compared to a lot of people I have been very fortunate I have made bad choices in life and been in the wrong place at the wrong time but am still around in one bit thanks to the talent of others. My glass is definitely half full in that respect :)
    Horrendous to be robbed let alone to have it happen twice!
    I travelled a lot by myself from being very little my parents use to pop me on a plane and off I went to live with relatives (English father and German mother), then in my teens started to travel under my own steam until I was in my 20's. Saw all I wanted to see no need nor desire to travel anymore.

Kendra likes this.
  16. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

@DizzyBlue I have not been abroad for a long time, no wish too these days. The hassel of holiday travel and such, now the birds, just not worth it.