Wednesday 10 July

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

A much cooler morning here, I was invited out to the people that live in the village "manoir" - probably a 12th c monastery. A huge building but few rooms so they are living in a very ancient way, cooking and living in 2 magnificent rooms with a bedroom above, the stairwell is bigger than our house and each stone step dips by about 4" through centuries of wear. Dora has forgiven me for putting her to bed early - as is always the way when you are in a rush she wouldnt eat much then took a while to settle so I was fashionably late.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Morning peeps
Hopefully all goes well at hospital Diana
It's a bit of a brrrr grey cloudy morning here too not sure what its up to but it doesn't promise to be nowt nah summat as they say.
Was up early this morning with little Henni the monster deciding she wanted to have an early breakfast at 3.10am she had a bit of a snaffle then decided she wanted out …. well not entirely out but out and on the settee with her blankie and as I sat down with my cuppa looked over and she was hard fast as sleep..... great wakes me up and she then grabs an etra few winks! Not sure who is battier me or her!?!
Must get to the post office in the next village today have another load of flight feathers that the gang have moulted out that I want to send off to the vets so they can use them for other birdies needing wing repairs to be able to fly again. Keep looking at the mounting pile and think yup got to get there and then something else crosses my mind and it gets left another day! That's not going to help anybody!! I have sent off a large bundle earlier this year already soooo guilt factor is only half of what it would have been lol
Whatever your up to today stay safe and warm!

cazimodo

Morning folks. It rained rivers here overnight. Very heavy, tropical rain. Grant says it's very warm, but I am still feeling the cold, so it must be just me

Ziggy's plucking was definitely less during the day yesterday, but she started again as soon as I got them out for their evening out time and this morning she's absolutely terrible. There's screeches of pain coming from the cage every half a minute or so at the moment. She has also started barbering away at the ends of her tail feathers now, so she might not be flighted for much longer I'm afraid. Still waiting for the results of the blood work, but I'm pretty sure this is behavioural. She is happy, playing with toys, eating like a horse...just determined to be as bald as a coot it seems.

Have a lovely day y'all.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Well the weather smartened itself out …. just had to shower the aviary gang (for the second time today) temperature in there has gone up to 30 degrees!
so now all birdies have had a right good old time hanging upside down and getting drenched its dropped the temp somewhat to a barmy 27!
Its right sticky and muggy so perhaps a storm in the mixing tonight to clear the air would be good.
House gang are snoozing happily they had a shower earlier but its not too hot in the house have the air purifiers going at full tilt sitting at 24 degrees … still quite warm but you can tolerate this … maybe! Hmmmm perhaps a large bowl of ice cream … purely to cool down naturally ….. perish the though it would be just because its there ...sitting...waiting gently whispering my name ….. come and eat me I'm cool and totally yummy! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom