Wed 9th October

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Morning all, very cold windy and rainy here. Luna is exploring her new cage which is good as I thought she might be a bit scared of it but then she is very brave and bold.Think the dog walk is going to be a bit soggy today but the dogs don't mind they love it. We have ordered a new cage for bilbo yesterday to so that will be here soon "lucky birdies" its fresh chop today but they have both just looked at me like "I'M NOT eating that". Hope everyone has a good day.received_748292778952225.jpegreceived_602808570252854.jpeg

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, Wow plenty of room in there for Luna that's for sure. I see the children tested it first though :applaudit:
Sun & rain here today too, typical as am off to Milford Haven to hairdressers this morning>

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Diana and yellow chicken parrot plus all that follow, its a dry start after rain last night and at the moment the Sun is out, been working on the dish washer as that had developed a fault, birds are a bit quitter this morning but I have noticed a chill in the air, got doctors later and I have to go into town, I hope you all have a great day

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

What a wonderful cage @Yellowchickenparrot!
Dull start but a smattering of sun today - car dead again yesterday but we think it is all to do with the faulty audio system draining the battery, so audio fuse removed, battery charged and today it seems OK. Into town for some shopping and found some foraging balls in Aldi (meant to be for cats and dogs but just right for poking bits of nut into the grippy bits, however one quick play and its been abandoned already in favour of a quick doze on my knee.
Need to work on the patchwork project ready for Fridays class, but I dont have the proper wadding/filling (its on order) so will just have to show I've done a lot of practicing instead!
Hope everybody has a good day. Hope life without the stockings is more comfortable @Michael Reynolds and that the GP is OK

cazimodo

Afternoon everyone. Another mad week of work, but I'm not doing any more this week after today thank goodness. Dry here right now, although it has been raining off and on for days. Sometimes the "on" has been accompanied by thunder and lightning just for fun.

Does anyone know of good resources for finding out what my folks need to do to bring their eclectus with them when they move back here from SA? I had a look on the government website, but as usual it was as useful as a chocolate kettle. If my folks had a ferret on the other hand... 🤨

So, Countess Pluckula is at it again. All the nice new fluffy growth she was allowing to come in is gone again. We're due to go back to the vet in a week or so once she's finished the antibiotics for her breathing, but honestly, aside from drugging her up I don't see there is much we can do to stop her. Girl is just determined to be naked!

Have a lovely evening y'all.

dianaT

Staff member
Perhaps @DizzyBlue will be able to advise @cazimodo re you parents bringing their Ekki to UK. Also you can ask the Parrot Society for advice too they are usually very good especially retired vet Alan K Jones who is their chairman.

cazimodo

Thanks folks. Any help appreciated as we're having no luck with pet exporters who seem to know nothing.

Top Bottom