Wed 2nd oct

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Morning all, gosh I spent most of yesterday making flat pack furniture and still got some to do today. Birds are not up yet as we were all up late last night. It's very cool here this morning I don't want to get out of bed lol. Hope no one has been flooded in all the rain we have been having. Don't forget to post lots of birdy pics today :×)20191001_081901.jpg

JackAndRob

Morning all.

Worcestershire is a cool 6 degrees this morning, but dry and calm (for the moment!) .

Yin is going to a job interview this morning. Navigation isn't her strong point,. so we took an early drive to where the interview is. Door to door was 12 minutes and it is an easy drive. We're not sure that the job is what she is looking for, but it's worth a look. Her current job takes her out in the sticks and winter driving conditions can be horrendous, so I will be happier if she has an easier journey.

Birdy breakfasts prepared. Nearly time to wake them up!

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone, all systems go here as hubby has nurse appointment 9.10am so is on his way, needless to say he got up late!
Hmm still got Moustached Parakeets out that will be fun getting them in, hubby usually sees to them, maybe they can stay out a bit longer if Squeaky does not chew up the dresser. And Chick does not fight his dad Pip.

It's not raining at the moment doubt that will last.

@Yellowchickenparrot lovely photo of Bilbo, he is looking good.

@JackAndRob good luck to Yin I do hope it's the job she is looking for, nicer for it to be closer to home.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Good luck with the job - always a stressful thing so well worth checking the drive early on. I used to hate the drive to "work" as I had to travel all over Kent, sometimes at short notice to cover someone phoning in sick.
Hope everyone has come through the rainstorms unscathed. I think we had about 3" yesterday but the sun is out now, and should be fine for a couple of days.
Felt very unmotivated this morning, but Dora is always a happy birdy.

Attachments

Michael Reynolds

Good morning all, birds are all calling I just love the way the superb parrots sing, will have to take some photos of them soon, sunny out but yes a bit chilly but after raining so much its good to have it dry outside, not planning to go out today as I have enough cleaning to do, have a blockage in the kitchen sink that I have got to clear. have a good day every one

Attachments

JackAndRob

Good luck with the job - always a stressful thing so well worth checking the drive early on.
Hmm, part of this journey is part of mine if I have to go to the office, so I know a couple of places to take particular care - the sort of places that people driving it regularly are likely to have little patience with people that don't.

Ooh! Big Chinook flying overhead. Are we being invaded? We're okay - no parachutes :p

dianaT

Staff member
Lovely photo that is.

Yuk - have been making coconut ice and it is sooooo sweet although hasn't stopped hubby eating 3 large pieces.

Ararajuba

@dianaT - My mother used to make it sometimes when I was little. Just remembering the stuff exists makes my teeth start aching! I don't know whether I could physically eat a piece now (or whether my teeth would put up with the experience without having something to say!).

Speaking of my mother, I mentioned the other day when I called that a local gem supplier has stock discounted till the end of the week, so of course she wants me to get her more stuff to send back with the nephew when he returns (he's not even here yet). I thought she would have had enough when I got her some stuff several months ago, but evidently not! (Ex) Brother-in-law was also wanting stuff, then seemed sulky when I asked how much he was intending to pay for it (he seems to go to work every week merely to earn money to feed the slot machines, so never actually has any), and his daughter appears interested too. I'm going to have to start charging commission if this continues!

There seems to be quite the birdy photo contest going on here today! Had I managed to see them, I might have taken one of the horrid screechy wild ones on the neighbour's palm tree that woke us up at the absolute crack of dawn today (had a late night so I was far from appreciating this). Not sure what they were, but from the location (one of their favourite hangouts) and the particularly piercing noise, I'm guessing white-eyed conures. We were once thinking of getting one or two of these, but after hearing so much of the wild ones since our move we have been rather put off the species - they are really noisy, even for parrots!

Top Bottom