1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Need You!

Discussion in 'Parrot Sanctuaries and Rescue centers' started by ladyc, Jan 4, 2017.

1. ladyc

ladyc Regular Member

Calling all crazy bird people!

We are in desperate need of volunteers! Safehaven Parrot Refuge work all across England and Wales rescuing feathered babies. We are in desperate need of Area Coordinators, Relay Runners and Safe Houses!

Area Coordinators (ACOs) oversee home checks, collections and deliveries, and vet visits on behalf of the charity in the area which they live. They are our eyes in their area.

Safe Houses open their doors to birds coming in on a temporary basis until a permanent home is found. This could be a week or 6 months. They also take in birds needing a little TLC or training before going on to their new adoptive families.

Relay Runners are the amazing people willing to help birds get from one end of the country to the other when coming into the charity or going from Safe Houses to their adoptive families.

Safehaven reimburse all travel costs including public transport and petrol. We pay upfront for vet visits so volunteers don't need to worry about reclaiming for bills. We are also here to support volunteers 24/7.

If you would like any more information, or you think you can help in anyway, we would love to hear from you.

I would also like to thank the admin for their continued support and for allowing me to reach out to you all through their amazing forum! @DizzyBlue @Bob

Sophera, tka, Wakizashi21 and 5 others like this.
  2. karendean46

karendean46 Regular Member Registered

Brilliant that i found your refuge. Any help that i can be you have my tel number. Any transport required as long as i am off work. You can count on me. Kind regards

Dean

ladyc and Michael Reynolds like this.
  3. Wakizashi21

Wakizashi21 Regular Member

I would eventually like to help. All is hectic atm so fingers crossed when everything settles down i would love to help. If there is anything i can help with when im off work then do give me a shout.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ladyc, dianaT and Michael Reynolds like this.
  4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

As they saying goes, if you want something done ask a busy person :thumbsup:

ladyc likes this.
  5. ladyc

ladyc Regular Member

Thank you everyone :besos:

6. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

i would be happy to be a relay runner in the sunny north east :emoji_sun_with_face::emoji_sun_with_face:

7. ladyc

ladyc Regular Member

Yay! Thank you. Will PM you xx

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  8. Rerona

Rerona Regular Member Registered

I help where i can. Live in Plymouth and as long as i do not have to work i am willing to help wherever. As i cannot have pets in my house i could help with transport, advise to owners or visits to the vet. I also have experience with injured parrots or some with behavioral problems. I do not own a car so i would have to use the bus or train. On weekends there would also be a possibility of a car drive. Please keep that in mind :)

9. ladyc

ladyc Regular Member

That's amazing @Rerona ! Thank you. Plymouth is an area we really struggle with so definitely appreciate it.

10. pally

pally caique whisperer Regular Member

Love the profile pic @ladyc someones got a caique crush ha x

ladyc likes this.
  11. ladyc

ladyc Regular Member

Hahahaha! I'm not ashamed to admit it either @pally

pally likes this.
  12. pally

pally caique whisperer Regular Member

It was bound to happen x

ladyc likes this.
  13. Clinton

Clinton Regular Member

Brill but i live in london is there one happening here close to me ????

14. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

I have tagged in Jack in your other thread Clinton, askingnhim for you

JackH91 likes this.
  15. Clinton

Clinton Regular Member

lovely