Wax melters

Zen

Registered
Hi all,
I've just joined the forum as I am looking at getting a parrotlet very soon.
Currently I have a wax melter in my front room which I absolutely love. I had an African grey in the past and am aware of the risks with airfresheners and scented candles etc so I have been looking at some companies who claim their wax melts are bird safe. Obviously wax melts dont have a wick so that risk is eliminated. They use no paraffin or "harmful chemicals" but do use essential oils and synthetic fragrances, which i have questioned in an email and have been assure of safety. I have tried to find opinions online but I think these companies are quite new? So haven't found anything helpful.
I will attach screen shots of the details of the product and the email response I got. Please tell me what you think.
I would be so sad to lose my wax melter from the front room (but obviously if it is a danger the bird comes first)
Screenshot_20210604-093718_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210604-093746_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20210604-094628_Outlook.jpg

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hi and welcome to the forum
Can't say it would tempt me I use natural fragrances currently have a huge bunch of lilac in a vase smells gorgeous, totally safe and cost me nothing. :)

Zen

Registered
Thanks for the reply. Fresh flowers are a nice fall back plan. I just love my wax melter lol. I may just have to accept that it needs to move to the bedroom.
Are there some flowers that are not safe to have incase they get nibbled?

Michael Reynolds

Hello and welcome, i cannot comment on the wax melter as i have not used one or think i ever will as Dizzy has said there are other ways of safe and trusted ways to bring pleasant smells in your home

Top Bottom