Wanted

harrylarrylittlemo

Registered
Good Afternoon I am desperately looking for a Male Hyacinth Macaw approx. 4 years + I am prepared to travel

Thank you very much in advance

dianaT

Staff member
:welcome: I am sure our members will be along with advice in due course.

In the meantime have you contacted The Parrot Society UK (you can google details), For a yearly sub you can join and received their monthly mag full of info and where breeders of all specie advertise.

Am I right in guessing you may have a female Hyacinth? If so do tell us more, such wonderful birds.:thumbsup:

harrylarrylittlemo

Registered
Hi DianaT

yes we have contacted les from the PS and he is also looking for us x

Yes I have a female Hy, but for some unknown reason her mate died unexpectedly and we are all missing him so much and she does need company.
and it may take us a while to find someone for her, we have been searching for a while, but we are not giving up x

dianaT

Staff member
Hi, pleased that Les is looking out for you. have you been in contact with John Catchpole at Parrots Mag, he may know of someone somewhere. Sorry to hear the male H died though.

dianaT

Staff member
He is editor /owner of Parrot Magazine which comes out monthly

Look under Contact, there is a phone no. If John is not available I am sure others there may be able to advise.

harrylarrylittlemo

Registered
Hi DianaT I have contacted them but John is not available at this moment, but thank you so much for the help we really appreciate any help. your a star :) x

dianaT

Staff member
You can place an ad in the PS mag also in Parrots Mag and see if you get any response. Good luck.

harrylarrylittlemo

Registered
Hi DianaT already done but its only in for next month. ill keep trying everywhere I can, but I'm only going to try on good sites, the internet is full of strange people that think we are silly and advertise them up for adoption, or advertise them for £300, and totally waste peoples time.

dianaT

Staff member
I have tracked down a young male which has just been weaned, but the breeder (known to this forum) would like to know the age of your female.

harrylarrylittlemo

Registered
Hi DianaT
thank you for your help, My girl is 8 Years old My male was 9 so I think that this bird maybe to young for her, but I really appreciate how you are trying to helping me.

Michael Reynolds

Hello and welcome, Ok Diana has suggested each avenue that I can think of, I wonder if @Parrot797 or Lockey may know of other contacts you can try, so sorry to hear of the passing of your male.

dianaT

Staff member
Just a thought. Many years ago Bird World down in Farnham used to have quite a few of these and I wonder whether they had/have a breeding programme, maybe worth enquiring? Plus the other birdie places.

Top Bottom