Urgent IRN re-homing

Jeanette

Afternoon everyone

I haven't posted for a while been so busy with work and boo boo.

One of my staff members elderly mom with dementia has 2 IRN's that her son brought home about 12-18mnths ago. The lady has 4 cats and never let's the birds out, they are not in an appropriately sized cage and diet is poor, I even think from what my officer has said that her mom doesnt always remember to change the seed, they get fresh fruit once a week when my officer visits.

I have been trying desperately to convince my staff member that her mom should re-re-home the birds as they are not being cared for appropriately, I haven't been able to say what I really want to say as im her manager!!

Needless to say it has taken some convincing, however my staff member has contacted me today saying her mom has agreed and she would like to strike whilst the iron is hot as she is on leave next week.

I am unable to take them in due to my own flock and partners health, however I am hoping someone on the forum might.

I don't have any background details other than one is blue and I think the other white I saw a pic of the blue one yesterday and it's beak is overgrown which triggered a very diplomatic conversation with my staff member and I think that is what led to the decision today.

I would be more than happy to facilitate the meet or arrange transport. My staff member lives in Tividale, Sandwell it is close yo Dudley, Wton & Birmingham.

Any ideas what I could suggest if no-one is able to take them as they really do have an awful life.

Many thanks

Regards

Jeanette

Michael Reynolds

I have also PM'd saying I am willing to take them on but its up to Jeanette's mum and if she chooses you I will pick them up for you and deliver them to you

Jeanette

@Kendra & @Michael Reynolds Thank you for the quick replies, as the birds don't belong to me I will speak to Sharon (my employee) and see what she wants to do, her mom won't be able to make a decision due to health. Sharon has asked if you would be able to have both birds and whether they would have as much out the cage time as they want as Sharon realises now after months of me talking to her about parrot care that her mom cannot provide what they need and she now wants to make sure they get the very best care.

Michael Reynolds

its best for them to stay together as they will settle more easily in any new home. they will hear each others calls if they are in separate cages if they are housed together then do not separate them

Wakizashi21

Apologies just seen this now.

Some very good homes offered. I do have a family member who looks after Indian Ringnecks in Birmingham so the option is there if required.

Please do consider the homes given above as they are fantastic people and look after them properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeanette

@dianaT Morning Diana that is a good idea. I have agreed to call Sharon later today to discuss the options and agree a way forward.

I know it is important not to rush the decision but equally I wouldn't want to leave it too long to risk Sharon a mom changing her mind as it has taken me nearly a year to get this outcome which is definately in the best interests if the birds.

Top Bottom