Updates on Vert

Keiichi18

Registered
Well Vert is still shivering slightly, though I'm debating is that's more down to the temperature of the room over anything else anyway I'm still struggling to get it to trust me enough to go near my hand or come out the cage consistently. I've managed to teach Vert what a window is, so I can keep the blinds UP while I have the cage open and Vert won't fly into them.

Though I don't know if its good progress but it will sit IN its cage close to me, and it doesn't hide when I personally come into the room....anyone else on the other hand it hides from. I did also learn when it did escape once (well more of a casual walk out the room as I opened the door to get food) that it is ok with dogs, at lease my Labrador.

Whats the best way to build Vert's confidence more so Vert is more willing to come out the cage and sit in other spots. Or is it (because Vert is moulting) just a little grumpy due to its feathers being a mess.

Kendra

When moulting some birds can be really sulky and grumpy like my Chorley, whilst others do not seem to bother. Moulting can last months so you may just have to leave him quiet, when he is ready he will come exploring, it just take time.

I really would be careful with the dog and the windows

Keiichi18

Registered
I really would be careful with the dog
Dog wasn't meant to be near the bird actually...someone left a diffrent door open that separates the two 'half's' of the house and the cage is open when I'm nearby so I can keep an eye on Vert

Also thanks for the info about moulting, I'm going to take a gamble that Vert could be one of these birds that gets a little grumpy....I dunno first moult the bird has had with me

Kendra

I thought Chorley was having his first BIG moult when he was 18 months which I understand can make them very grumpy, but have found since he is always like this during moult, he is not around 8 now.

Top Bottom