Update

marley

You might remember before Christmas I took in a load of parrots on the quick, well they have all settled very well and now after extensive blood tests etc are sorted into the their new homes. I am terrible at taking pics so please excuse the rubbish shots but this is two of the greys, one was plucked totally bald down its front and a while back I posted a pic of pin feathers coming through, I will repost it below for comparison. Well now things have moved on and she has a fair covering and apart from a few hiccups is leaving them alone.

A.JPG

Now she looks like this

a3.JPG

They were both absolute "growlers" when they came and I thought they would not tame but now they have settled down they are lovely and luckily the same sex so they can now stay together here.

a1.JPG

I know you guys all hate pictures but hope it was ok to sneak these in even if they are terrible quality

TomsMum

Administrator
Admin
Brilliant :thumbsup: I was just thinking I wonder what you’re up to...and bingo I log back in to find a great post and piccies :)

dianaT

Staff member
Lovely birds and thank you for the update, I do remember you stepping into help out with some birds.

Roz

Elected Forum Trainer
Wow - what exciting news! Love seeing those new feathers... and hearing about the improved emotional states. Fingers crossed Willow continues to leave the feathers alone!

Michael Reynolds

I will love to see the feathers grow back. holly gets a few on her belly but they grow for a while and then disappear but she has a balder belly with no other fears around to support the new growth

marley

Another of the guys that we took in recently were two BHC, well they are doing well and one is sort of tame and really is a sweet little thing who wants to be friends with everyone but is too shy to step up, he will however let you touch him in his cage and I can grab his beak and play without any hint of a bite. The other one has been a swine!, no really we were told that he has rages and bites very badly, I have been working on this and now found that he is massively food protective, I am sure that he has been teased with food in the past and will indeed attack you if food is available so I take him away form it and he is doing very well. I am not a great one for cuddly tame birds but I am pleased that they can interact without me having to give blood ;)

This is the second one who Mrs Marley calls Bitey McBiteface

a3.JPG a4.JPG a6.JPG

Ararajuba

The other one has been a swine!, no really we were told that he has rages and bites very badly, I have been working on this and now found that he is massively food protective, I am sure that he has been teased with food in the past and will indeed attack you if food is available so I take him away form it and he is doing very well.

This is the second one who Mrs Marley calls Bitey McBiteface
We were just saying to our very own Miss Beaky: "Dido, look here! Your long-lost soulmate! He gets just like you over food!" She took a look at his picture and seemed to approve. She must recognize a kindred spirit from the glint in his eyes or something. Shame he's not the same species! He doesn't by any chance sit on food and spread his wings over it just to stop other birdies from getting any, does he?

Bitey McBiteface is a very handome fellow anyway. Do you have any pictures of the other one?

marley

We were just saying to our very own Miss Beaky: "Dido, look here! Your long-lost soulmate! He gets just like you over food!" She took a look at his picture and seemed to approve. She must recognize a kindred spirit from the glint in his eyes or something. Shame he's not the same species! He doesn't by any chance sit on food and spread his wings over it just to stop other birdies from getting any, does he?

Bitey McBiteface is a very handome fellow anyway. Do you have any pictures of the other one?
He doesn't shade his food pot but he does a constant squealing threat sound typical of caiques while he eats, I have got him to accept a grape from my hand without biting and he will let me look at him while he eats it but his main food pot is still a trigger. I will post a picture of the other one tomorrow as I have locked up for the night now

Michael Reynolds

Having a food protective green winged myself he will take food from me and even let me scratch his head also step up on my arm with no trouble but once I have given him food he changes and he will attack if I go too close to his feed bowl. he will even go for me if I am just near him dealing with another flock member and even when I try to give him a extra treat one he has got his food he will attack me and not take the treat. he allows Baily to share the bowel at times but they have three feed bowels and Bailey often just uses one of the other bowls. Nobby will also chuck the bowels on the floor when it becomes empty this is why I have three bowls as one is a heavy dog bowl and if he throws the others there is always food for them both. Bailey has been so gentle and friendly. I took on Buddy a BHC that used to attack for re training but he has never attacked me yet and has shown no aggression for me to work with. you have a lovely BHC and I just love the photos

Top Bottom