1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unhappy Bird

Discussion in 'Health' started by Kendra, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Chorley OWA, my little baby boy of 6 years is depressed? He just sits around all day, if I give him something to play with he just wants a head rub. Not sure if his hormones are playing up or something else. His eye and nose are clear, droppings normal, he eats fine.

His daytime has changed I can not let him into the kitchen anymore but surely this could not have such a big effect he only spent time in here occasionally and this has been going on for over a week.

I am down with house etc, so could that be affecting him? Any ideas greatly received.

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well they do pick up on our moods. Is he upset re the new dog, not that they mix I know that, but could he be concerned about her?
    I am sure others will come up with possible ideas.

Kendra likes this.
  3. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

No Diana, he would not be concerned in the slightest, Chorley has few worries, I think he misses his visits to Lucy, he loves her but does not like him. Maybe tomorrow I will bring him through to her but then he will try and visit George and that will spook Bora, round and round we go. This was not supposed to happen.

4. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

I agree they do pick up in stress, and things like if you’re feeling unwell. I do wish we could understand them better. mark has had a long day working today, so currently Chiko has “sent him to Coventry” however give it another 30 minutes and Chiko will have his beak hooked on the bars and saying tickle, tickle over and over until the slave delivers!
    It is Annie hormonal time at the moment.