Two Different Coloured Feet

Lauren Smith

155786107560637730.jpeg Hi,
After my dad's friend for given a pair of budgies from a bad owner (seed bowl all husks, broken perches, poo in water and the dirtiest cage bottom i have ever seen in my life).
They were given to me.

The female i named Lily and is a single factor opaline spangle that may also be pied.
The male i named snow (after John snow) and is a violet cobalt blue clear wing.

Any way. I looked and was interested to see the female had white and blue in her cheek patches (this is typical of spangled though so no surprise she has that). But she also has one blue foot and one pink foot!

She is not losing circulation or I'll in any way as she uses it normally and perches and clings fine.
So what mutation caused that?
The males 155786107560637730.jpeg 155786107560637730.jpeg 155786107560637730 (1).jpeg violet is not captured well on camera and neither is the two different feet due to lighting.

Last edited:

TomsMum

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hi Lauren, what a gorgeous pair you have there, great that they have come to you, it doesn’t sound like much time was being spent on them. I don’t know the answer to your question, but perhaps some of our budgie members can help.

@CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Hi Lauren, what a gorgeous pair you have there, great that they have come to you, it doesn’t sound like much time was being spent on them. I don’t know the answer to your question, but perhaps some of our budgie members can help.

@CaptainHowdy

There are very mutations that can affect feet colour. Dopamine, spangle, pied etc can all affect it.

You would need to post much clearer in focus pictures of the birds from the front, side, back and they need to be done in natural light, to determine the mutations as the pictures aren't clear enough.

Lauren Smith

Did you managed to find an answer for the leg?
No , but she's fine and has successfully paired up with snow. Later one egg but it fell out the best box and broke.

found out what she was though -
Opaline spangle Dominant pied Yellow face blue hen and spangled violet cock.

I emailed pics to a budgie show judge and he told me.

Kendra

No fancy names for her legs though?
Opaline spangle Dominant pied Yellow face blue hen, split legged?

Top Bottom